PDA

View Full Version : New TurbulenceFD Group Buy-in! (Round 3! IGNITE!)

djlithium
06-07-2018, 02:51 PM
Ok kitties! It's on.
Time for the 3rd TurbulenceFD Group buy-in event!

Things are a bit different this time but the premise is the same. A big massive discount on TurbulenceFD from www.jawset.com (This discounted opportunity is now open and for the first time to C4D users as well. Please read carefully).

1. You must provide your LW Product Lock ID in advance this time. It will help to speed things up.
2. the email so I can keep easier track has changed for this initiative and you must email me the details below.

A: Your First and Last Name

B: Your LW Product Lock ID (NO CRACKS PLEASE!) This is usually a 3-5 digit number and is not your serial number, it's the LW product lock ID that I need.

C: The email address you wish to receive your registration information at.

3. I'm letting this round run for 7 days for the "I'm in!" round.

4. Once that closes on the 14th of June, you will have 24 hours to provide payment.

5. The final price is determined by how many people participate.

6. I will be providing an additional incentive in the form of a HEAVY discount on my TFD training which will be based on the same formula that I used last year. The number of participants in that drive all received coupons for 47% off my training and bundles. Instead of the coupons lasting a year though, they will last for 3 months instead this time. The reason for this change is a backend thing on Liberty3d.com and we are needing to keep the database that drives it as clean as possible.

7. One group buy in participant in this round will be selected randomly and receive ALL of my TFD related training from Liberty3d.com for free. That means the TurbulenceFD Projects and Concepts, any of my Practical Production Techniques videos where I deal with TFD, any of my Fusion for LightWave Artists titles that deal with TFD and of course the Nuclear Weapons Pack and Conventional Weapons pack.

8. And this is especially interesting: For the first time, Jascha has agreed to permit me to combine the group buy in discount with licenses of LightWave3D and Cinema4D. What this means is very simple. LW and C4D users who participate will contribute to the group buy in volume discount as a whole. Currently, this is not possible on Jawset.com. This is made possible through a special agreement I have made with Jascha.
(This does not mean you get a license for both C4D and LW)

This is great news for LightWave artists and C4D artists as it means the absolute lowest price possible will be obtained by combining users of both platforms together to do a group buy of this awesome plug-in.
8. If you are a C4D user, when you email me, you will need to include the information as requested above in A, B, C but instead of the LW Product Lock ID, I will need the first 11 digits of your C4D Serial number. You must provide this when you say "I'm in." If you don't, I will email you back and ask. It's better though if you do it up front as the last group buy-in was over 60 people and it's a lot of work to chase people down.

9. If you don't have the financial resources to participate, discount or not - please don't say "I'm in" and then drop out later. This delays the purchase of the group buy in and is unfair to others.

10: Understanding all of this, email: [email protected] and do the thing!

Happy times everyone! And remember to share this post!

Oldcode
06-07-2018, 09:13 PM
Are you going to keep us up to date as to how many are signed up so far so we have an idea of the price?

Thanks,

ernpchan
06-07-2018, 10:25 PM
Is TFD still being updated? I don't keep up with this plugin so I'm curious as to what is new with it.

djlithium
06-08-2018, 02:01 AM
Hi Oldcode.
That's not how this thing works. We need people to commit, not just in last second. The last group buy in was over 60 people. The previous one was over 20. We have to have a minumum number to bring the price down significantly and at a certain point the price hits a "floor" where it won't go down much more than that floor level.
You HAVE TO SAY YOU ARE IN to make this work.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes it is. I asked Jascha about his progress on 2.0 and it's very, very interesting but I can't say much. However I know its going to rock.

lardbros
06-08-2018, 05:48 AM
I'm in! :)

fishhead
06-08-2018, 06:54 AM
As you mention it: Will this buy in include the - once released - updated version 2.0?

djlithium
06-08-2018, 07:30 AM
No.

oliverhotz
06-08-2018, 08:54 AM
does that mean that there'll be some bugfixes for TFD for lw 2018 ?.. we can no longer color smoke based on a color gradient. Its been known, but hasnt been fixed

Shloime
06-08-2018, 09:30 AM
Are there any estimates about the price reduction, for example: when 10 people sign in, it will be 5 percent, with 20 it will be 10 percent, and so on?

Oldcode
06-08-2018, 10:45 AM
Are there any estimates about the price reduction, for example: when 10 people sign in, it will be 5 percent, with 20 it will be 10 percent, and so on?

This is all I was asking. I'm a hobbyist, not a pro, so I can't spend 500 USDs on a single plugin.

You HAVE TO SAY YOU ARE IN to make this work.

It was a stretch for me to shell out 200 to get Syflex and the other plugins from 3rdPowers.

If we could get the price down to 250 US, I'd seriously consider it, but I won't commit to anything blindly.

adrian
06-08-2018, 11:29 AM
I'm in. Details sent via PM.

djlithium
06-08-2018, 12:11 PM
Hi there. Ok so we have the price down to under 350 dollars now!
More sign ups me a lower price!

trang
06-09-2018, 01:07 AM
does this mean this TFD will be for lw 2018 only? I am still using lw 2015.3 nd have not yet upgraded

kopperdrake
06-09-2018, 04:22 AM
Same boat - I have TFD for 2015, but do I need to buy into this, or is this for new licences only and I'll receive an upgrade path anyway?

JohnMarchant
06-09-2018, 04:26 AM
Same boat - I have TFD for 2015, but do I need to buy into this, or is this for new licences only and I'll receive an upgrade path anyway?

This is for new licenses only.

calilifestyle
06-09-2018, 04:38 AM
Hey Kat i have question about this part "4. Once that closes on the 14th of June, you will have 24 hours to provide payment." Is this pay through you or at the Jawset website.

kopperdrake
06-09-2018, 08:40 AM
This is for new licenses only.

djlithium
06-09-2018, 08:56 AM
No.

djlithium
06-09-2018, 08:58 AM
It's through L3D. I will provide instructions on this along with the final price. Just like last. then you will hae 24 hours to pay and once paid, Jascha will issue keys (I send him everyone's details when I do the purchase) to the registration email of your choosing.

IT worked really well last time.

djlithium
06-09-2018, 09:04 AM
If anyone has any questions, please email me. [email protected]

gerry_g
06-09-2018, 03:38 PM
at risk of sounding extremely dense _ 'New license only' means, A current 2015 compatible version only , or B new 2018 compatible version only

djlithium
06-09-2018, 05:17 PM
Neither. It means a new license of TurbulenceFD.

JohnMarchant
06-09-2018, 05:34 PM
at risk of sounding extremely dense _ 'New license only' means, A– current 2015 compatible version only , or B– new 2018 compatible version only

If you have got it Gerry then you dont need it again, well unless you want another seat or you want a C4D version.

gerry_g
06-10-2018, 12:26 PM
OK thanks, got a floating one anyway

Gungho3D
06-11-2018, 08:53 PM
Ok count me in, email sent as requested ...

fishhead
06-13-2018, 01:13 AM
Kat, would you be willing to share some info about the current price as of today?

JMCarrigan
06-13-2018, 08:26 AM
Kat, would you be willing to share some info about the current price as of today?

I need to know because I am old (70) and retired and have already spent a ton on other technology.

paulk
06-13-2018, 11:31 AM
I need to know because I am old (70) and retired and have already spent a ton on other technology.

Back on 06/08, Kat said the price had dropped to under $350.00. Having NO idea what Kat's formula for group pricing is, I would guess it's somewhat lower now.

JohnMarchant
06-13-2018, 01:03 PM

Well the last group buy i paid in GBP around $220, however i dont think its Kat that decides but Jacsha and as has been said it depends on how many buy in. We had quite a few on ours the last time, but it was only LW and now its LW and C4D. Now are they counted together or separatly i really cant say and certainly dont want to lead you wrong.

Kat really is the only one that can give you a real idea.

fishhead
06-14-2018, 07:02 AM
So, no update on the current price?!? :-\

Lito
06-14-2018, 03:12 PM
So, no update on the current price?!? :-\

IIRC in the previous group buy Kat only posted once about the price so I wouldn't expect him to post again about it even after the offer is over. I didn't even know how much everyone got it for last time till right now from JohnMarchant's post above yours. I would guess though that we might have a higher price than last time, only because I would assume a majority of LWers who were really interested in this plugin already bought it since this is the third one. I don't know how popular TFD is with C4D users so I can't gauge it, but I'd say if you're interested you should kind of assume it's going to be $300 and hope there are enough people to surprise you with a lower price. I had to pass on the previous one due to budget reasons but I am in this one so I hope you join. ;)

fishhead
06-14-2018, 04:00 PM
Thanks for you taking the time, Lito...
id would really like to add TFD to my arsenal but I would need to know how much it cost as a max before I would dare to say "I am in"... I do not have a job right now that would demand it so $360 would just not be justified for me right now... if much cheaper, well, it would depend...
Even more so as I / we would buy in to a version which surely still is a very valuable tool - as without much alternative solutions that reside inside of Layout - but also it seems a bit dated.
If we could expect a chance of real great price - I mean much less - I surely believe that a much greater number - especially hobbyists - would join in.
Anyway, Id want to know what price to expect as a max before I join. Well, time for me to go to bed now - has been a long day for me - so I think I will have to pass (again...)..

@ KAT and Jascha:
I dont expect it but nevertheless Id consider it a smart move to provide info about the current price and extend the deadline for a day or two. I bet it would draw a good number more users into the deal.

thomascheng
06-15-2018, 08:36 AM
Please extend the deadline. I saw this today.

thomascheng
06-16-2018, 03:18 PM
How many people ended up buying this for this round?

paulk
06-16-2018, 04:21 PM
How many people ended up buying this for this round?

Dunno. I got the confirmation from Kat on Friday. The group price was $341.80, down from $489.00.

I followed the link in the email to PayPal. I had to set up an account, instead of being allowed to do a one-time transaction. AFAIKT, the transaction went through, it's Pending on my online credit card statement, but Kat has sent me two emails so far, asking me to make the payment on PayPal. I responded with the email receipt from PayPal and a screenshot of my credit card statement, so, let's see what happens.

Kat?

next_n00b
06-16-2018, 05:22 PM
If you have a new PayPal account you probably need to verify your credit card before making a payment. If this is required you have a notification on your PayPal account.

paulk
06-16-2018, 07:11 PM
If you have a new PayPal account you probably need to verify your credit card before making a payment. If this is required you have a notification on your PayPal account.

Just checked my PayPal account. Looks good.141973

EDIT:
Just got an email from Kat. He's wairing on one last buyer whom he had to refund because the buyer paid in $AU. I thought there was some kind of conversion with PayPal. Guess I don't understand international finance as well as I thought.

paulk
06-16-2018, 07:45 PM
Please extend the deadline. I saw this today.

https://forums.newtek.com/showthread.php?157353-I-need-two-more-participants-in-the-TurbulenceFD-Group-buy-in!-ASAP

next_n00b
06-17-2018, 12:53 AM
Just checked my PayPal account. Looks good.141973

EDIT:
Just got an email from Kat. He's wairing on one last buyer whom he had to refund because the buyer paid in $AU. I thought there was some kind of conversion with PayPal. Guess I don't understand international finance as well as I thought.

I can't pay USD directly from my EUR bank account. I must pay with VISA, MASTERCARD... And when you are paying with PayPal you can choose the conversion option (eur>usd) by PayPal or your bank. PayPal is usually more expensive.

adrian
06-17-2018, 02:41 AM
I had to be careful with that because it (PayPal) defaulted to 341.80 rather than $. Luckily I spotted it in time :-)

thomascheng
06-17-2018, 08:25 PM
Alright, I got in on the deal. Can't wait to create some awesome FX thingys..