PDA

View Full Version : Motion blur errors, any ideas?

4dartist
06-01-2018, 10:46 AM
I have a chain being generated via instancing. I animated the 'Offset' attribute with a motion curve, which uses an expression to link it to a null object. Basically, I animate the null in Z and it pushes the chain along the spline as well as rotates the cogs. The issue I'm having is motion blur. It glitches the position of the links along the path. As soon as I turn on motion blur the positional errors occur.

I added a couple screenshots of the chain with motion blur on and off and also attached the scene file.

This is in LW 2015, I haven't made the jump yet.

4dartist
06-01-2018, 11:22 AM
Well, it's not ideal, but I was able to get it to sort of work. Apparently using expressions to link the position of the null to the offset of the instance was causing the location glitches. Instead I linked them with 'Channel Follower' in the Graph Editor. That fixed the chain from breaking with motion blur turned on. Realistic motion blur wasn't producing any blur on the links except when they go around the cog and it was very wrong looking. Classic motion blur with multiple passes seems to render correctly.