PDA

View Full Version : render mode

vonpietro
05-28-2018, 10:02 PM
Silly question but
where is render mode in 2018?

in 2015 you could set it to realistic and a couple of others which was great if you didn't want a 1 hour render with all the bells and whistles turned on.

I want to just render wihtout all that stuff turned on -
is that not an option anymore?

rustythe1
05-29-2018, 03:47 AM
no, you only have realistic and npr, but you have to set that in the surface properties (shading model tab, photoreal,cell or shadow catcher) so technically its still using the same render settings

MonroePoteet
05-30-2018, 04:05 PM
I think LWDG decided that the Preview capabilities and the alternative Render Modes were redundant. You can get pretty close to the old Quick Shade and Wireframe render modes by leaving Layout set to Texture Shaded Solid or Front Face Wireframe, use Make Preview in the lower-right corner and then Save Preview if you want to save it as an AVI, MOV file. You set up the Output Type for Save Preview in the Preview Options panel. I haven't been able to get the image save or animation options to work.

When you press Make Preview, it puts you in "Preview Mode" to run the preview. You press End Preview in that panel to drop it, but the Preview is still available until you press Free Preview.

mTp