PDA

View Full Version : TFD appears in VPR, but not render

sadkkf
05-28-2018, 03:41 PM
Hi--

Getting back to TFD for 2018, I'm not seeing anything in the renders after I sim, but it does show up in VPR.

I've set the emitter radius to 50mm and the voxel size is 10mm. Emitter temp channel is 1.0 and the container fire channel is set to temp.

What am I missing?

Thank you!

omichon
05-28-2018, 03:47 PM
Make sure you have Use Legacy Volumetrics activated in Render properties > Volumetrics tab

prometheus
05-28-2018, 04:03 PM
Make sure you have Use Legacy Volumetrics activated in Render properties > Volumetrics tab

must be something else, VPR shouldnīt render it at all when you donīt have legacy volumetrics active...that is why I suspect the below..

I suspect sadkkf is describing it wrong? from the image we can see opengl fire, so you havenīt by mistake thought that it shows in VPR or describing it wrong here?
Try activating VPR and show us, if it doesnīt render in VPR...it is what omichon says, but if it does render in VPR...something weird.

sadkkf
05-28-2018, 04:09 PM
must be something else, VPR shouldnīt render it at all when you donīt have legacy volumetrics active...that is why I suspect the below..

I suspect sadkkf is describing it wrong? from the image we can see opengl fire, so you havenīt by mistake thought that it shows in VPR or describing it wrong here?
Try activating VPR and show us, if it doesnīt render in VPR...it is what omichon says, but if it does render in VPR...something weird.

Yep. You're right. I was looking at texture shaded solid. It doesn't display in VPR either.

And enabling legacy volumetrics fixed it.Thanks.

prometheus
05-28-2018, 04:23 PM
Yep. You're right. I was looking at texture shaded solid. It doesn't display in VPR either.

then just to to the left menus and the drop down list "more windows" located just under the backdrop button, under more windows there is the volumetric and fog options, select that and you will get the volumetric modul window open and itīs volumetric tab, check legacy volumetrics and it should work in vpr and in renderer.

thatīs one of the cons right now with turbulenceFD, it doesnīt work with the new volumetrics....you may do a workaround if you want to mix with the new volumetrics and fluids, by saving out the cached files and load as vdb.