PDA

View Full Version : Moderated - OT, etc.

samurai_x
05-25-2018, 01:21 AM
because having these functions natively in LW could well be a game changer to attract new users or encourage current ones to upgrade to 2018 and after

The poll he created seems to point that there are fewer 2018 users than he thought.

So yeah, if newtek hires him and make this native that would be great.
I hope they don't hire another fanboy who is not an engineer, like one of the beta testers now. Lol.

Look how it ended up with Lino. Fanboy now turned spurned boy saying lightwave is dead and moved to blender. Blender!! Bwahahaha

CaptainMarlowe
05-25-2018, 01:57 AM
The poll he created seems to point that there are fewer 2018 users than he thought.

So yeah, if newtek hires him and make this native that would be great.
I hope they don't hire another fanboy who is not an engineer, like one of the beta testers now. Lol.

Look how it ended up with Lino. Fanboy now turned spurned boy saying lightwave is dead and moved to blender. Blender!! Bwahahaha

It is becoming really annoying. There is no need to derail every single post or proposition in any single thread to personnal attacks and constant division of the world between fanboys and trolls. Your first two sentences would have been more than enough for the purpose of this topic.

Sadly it has become impossible to have a discussion on these forums that doesn’t turn into drama. So please, can we jsut stay on topic, e.g. metamorphic ?

tyrot
05-25-2018, 02:50 AM
samuraix can you just stay away .... enough already! how many thread you will ruin?

bobakabob
05-25-2018, 04:50 AM
samuraix can you just stay away .... enough already! how many thread you will ruin?

The Mods could do with a "3 strikes and you're out" or a yellow / red card system...

samurai_x
05-25-2018, 05:55 AM
It is becoming really annoying. There is no need to derail every single post or proposition in any single thread to personnal attacks and constant division of the world between fanboys and trolls. Your first two sentences would have been more than enough for the purpose of this topic.

Sadly it has become impossible to have a discussion on these forums that doesn’t turn into drama. So please, can we jsut stay on topic, e.g. metamorphic ?

You posted - I think NT should really consider bringing him in-house (maybe they did, ofc, only speculation and *outloud thinking* from me) because having these functions natively in LW could well be a game changer to attract new users or encourage current ones to upgrade to 2018 and after.

My response was that would be great. They should hire a real engineer this time. Not a fanboy, now spurnboy who trolled the fb group, who wasn't an engineer, who now says and keeps saying Lightwave is dead and moved to blender. Blender of all appz. Bwahahaha
I didn't say Lightwave is dead. An ex employee of Lightwave said that. So NT should do better and not hire these kinds of people based on just because they love lightwave atm.

You derailed the thread first by talking about a job that NT should consider. I responded to that.

CaptainMarlowe
05-25-2018, 06:22 AM
Please don't play the fool. As I said your first two sentences were OK (the poll and that would be great to hire Jay3d). I didn't derail anything by suggesting that hiring Jay in-house to port natively metamorphic in LW would be great, but you derailed it when speaking of fanboys and Lino, which had nothing to see with metamorphic. But I guess it's useless trying to have a civil and honest discussion here.

SBowie
05-25-2018, 07:03 AM
My response was that would be great. They should hire a real engineer this time. Not a fanboy, now spurnboy who trolled the fb group, who wasn't an engineer, who now says and keeps saying Lightwave is dead and moved to blender. Blender of all appz. Bwahahaha
I didn't say Lightwave is dead. An ex employee of Lightwave said that. So NT should do better and not hire these kinds of people based on just because they love lightwave atm.

You derailed the thread first by talking about a job that NT should consider. I responded to that.Splitting hairs ...

The bigger problem with your post is that it is insulting to Lino, never mind NewTek. I haven't followed Lino's activities after he left NewTek, but so long as they are not in this forum, they are entirely his business. However, during his tenure with us Lino's significant artistic gifts, energies, and enthusiasm clearly contributed a great deal to the product's development and the user community. Hiring him was not a mistake, and belated cheap shots and pejoratives are neither welcome nor permitted here. We sincerely wish him well in his future course, , whatever his current views may be.

The Mods could do with a "3 strikes and you're out" or a yellow / red card system...In general, I think we've shown a lot more patience than "3 strikes" implies ... sometimes more like "3 score".

Most, if not all of those of those from the previous year who persistently manifested unmitigated malicious or subversive intent, or who were simply unable to post without being ignorant or rude, are gone now. But it's clear that some small number of members feel constrained by the expectation that their contributions to the conversation and community should be neither direspectful or unremittingly negative.

We manifestly value honest criticism, but no-one comes here for the joy of listening to either 'shrieky wheels' or 'dripping taps' (I've taken the liberty of lumping smart-asses into the latter group for the purpose of this missive). I think all of the former are gone now, but the vast majority of members are clearly very weary of the latter, too. And it would be hard to disagree.

I think those involved know who they are; they can self-identify by their chafing when such expectations are enforced. All such should now be advised that as of this moment those who fail to self-moderate in such matters will - at the very least - be assisted to do so.

raymondtrace
05-25-2018, 07:04 AM
To blend us back into a happy group, let's find common ground. Samurai_x and CaptainMarlowe both make valid points. However it is a bit more complicated. The "fanboy" (who turned to another product) made a personal effort (don't recall if it was here or in the FB group) of endorsing Metamorphic and wishing well those who continue with LW. So he very much had something to do with Metamorphic.

SBowie
05-25-2018, 07:16 AM
OK, we're done here. The moving hand, having writ, moves on ...