PDA

View Full Version : How to use PoserFusion with Lightwave

Katherine001
05-24-2018, 06:32 PM
I'm trying to import a scene from poser into Lightwave 2018. I have added the plugins and I see the message 3 plugins added. I then loaded the poser scene, a .pz3 file. I just see what looks like a null and the object label is PoserScene.

Has anyone successfully used poserfusion with Lightwave2018?

RPSchmidt
05-25-2018, 09:00 AM
I haven't tried it since upgrading to 2018, Katherine, but I can give it a try on Monday and let you know the results.

Unfortunately, I'm right in the middle of a huge render at the moment.

Oldcode
05-25-2018, 10:40 AM
I use poser and poserfusion a lot and have had these troubles. After talking to Smith Micro, they told me that the poser fusion plugin for Poser Pro 11 has not as yet been made fully compatible with LW 2018. It does work somewhat, the animation, geometry, and textures are imported, but there are number of problems, especially with the Blending Mode in the Surface Editor and Transparency Channels.

My best advice is load the Poser scene in 2015 or earlier, then load the LW scene file that is created into 2018. The conversion works much better for it's already in a LW format.

Even with this trick, right now, if I am doing a project where I use Poser with LW, I do it in 2015. It's just not worth the hassle of trying to tweak the hell out of it so it looks good with the above problems and 2018's new render engine. I will make the switch eventually, but until Smith Micro fixes PF, that's what I have to do.

ruscular
06-02-2018, 12:32 PM
Yes, I am using the hell out of it in LW2018.4

One tip that I would offer is if you are going to apply any effect or additional asset to be animated in that scene, then do a quick MDD file to load that up and save it and apply to the model then turn off poser fusion effect to speed up scrubbing of anything else you want to do in that scene.

Ma3rk
06-02-2018, 01:09 PM
In the meantime, you might experiment with the FBX Export. Initial test with Poser Pro 11 to LW 2018 then opening the FBX in layout, I get geometry & UV's, but no textures. Most likely a simple task of finding the images in Poser & mapping in LW.

ruscular
06-02-2018, 04:00 PM
Liberty 3D has a tutorial on rigging with Lightwave that has a section on using poser and Daz fbx export. The plus side of FBX export is being able to rig it for animation, and morph mixer of DAZ morph dials
, where as the poser fusion all your animation should be done in Poser before exporting, the plus side of poser fusion is everything is ready for rendering. The only thing I had to do is make hair double sided for the rendering to fix any holes of light coming thru.