PDA

View Full Version : Shows & Events

sbrandt
12-28-2003, 04:36 PM
Does anyone have anything planned for the Denver, Colorado area? ...ever!

Everything seems to be scheduled for "outer-limit" places like New York, Florida, Washington, Texas, etc. I'd think a central location like Denver would be a perfect place for more events.

John, at "The Computer Room" is the main local dealer and a great guy. There are plenty of VT users in the area, in Aspen and Avon. I know of users in Golden and Boulder... We'd love to see something happen here in "Cow Town".

ted
12-28-2003, 10:12 PM
Denver is a nice place Brant.
If you're feeling left out in the cold, just throw your own shindig!;)
Heck, I might even stop by and kick up my heels.

sbrandt
12-28-2003, 10:56 PM
...great idea.

What I was thinking of, was one of those traveling demonstration or training programs. Not just a club meeting.

...Problem is; most of the real VT brainoids seem to be in other places though.

If we could get someone to show up with a high profile and/or has been published or does professional training that would be worthwhile.

If we could get a Paul Lara or you or someone that's capable of doing one of those intense, fast-paced training workshops where half a semester is crammed into a single day's session, it would be splendid. All I could bring to a shindig is many many questions.

I guess I'll talk to John Sobernheim and see if he's intersted. At the very least, he could get some product and store promotion out of it.

I guess what I'm looking for is to know if anyone, anywhere has any kind of a professional program, event or training, scheduled to come through the Denver area.

However... if anyone has any ideas on how to put an event together and what to feature, please post away.

billr
12-29-2003, 08:39 PM
Does anyone know if Newtek is going to be showing Lightwave3D 8.0 at MacWorld S.F. Jan 5-9th?

Or if they are going to be there at all?

ted
12-29-2003, 09:02 PM
Brant, I'm such a novice compared to many of the Toaster Veterans around here. But thanks.
As I've found, if you give free stuff, they will come!:p

Looks like you might need to save some airline points and travel to other areas.:(
Too bad. Denver is a nice place. If you get something going, let me know. I might fly over for the heck of it, depending on our schedule.

sbrandt
12-29-2003, 09:23 PM
Thanks Ted !!!