PDA

View Full Version : LW 2018 crashes and freezes solved

Boris Goreta
05-21-2018, 06:25 PM
If you are having a problem where switching between LW and Modeler and some other apps like basic Windows explorer or Chrome causes LW, Modeler to freeze for 5-10 seconds (basicallly chaning app focus) your problem could be 3Dconnexion device. Recently I plugged it out and also went into Modeler->Navigation and unchecked Enable navigation ( you can find Navigation in the Edit menu layour and put the button somewhere). That fixed it for me. I've been annoyed by this for months now. Of course my 3Dconnexion device is not working with LW anymore but what can you do.

jaxtone
05-25-2018, 03:32 AM
Hi Boris!

No I actually haven't experienced any problems when switching between Layout and Modeler!

OFF
05-25-2018, 03:35 AM
I have such problems - the more complex the model or the scene, the more likely the appearance of such problems. I'll try your method, thanks.

Boris Goreta
05-25-2018, 06:46 AM
And you have a 3dconnexion device ? Maybe I need to update the drivers but there were problems with it even before. For instance if I would disconnect it in LW 2015 Modeler would crash on start. Took me 4 days to figure out why this was happening.