PDA

View Full Version : Rotate Hand in Human Biped Rig

gridman144
05-21-2018, 05:18 PM
I have LW 2018.0.4 and am new to rigging.

I have a human biped rig in a male figure. The last thing to do is rig the hand. However, I am having problems rotating the hand. I am in Point mode and have Symmetry and Origin turned on. I selected all points up to and including the wrist. Then I went into the Right view, zoomed in on the wrist and hit y for Rotate. But, it doesn't rotate like I want, it enlarges and goes all over the place, even when holding the Ctrl key. I followed a video on YouTube with rigging a human, but I can't replicate what the guy did with the hands.

I'm missing something.

CaptainMarlowe
05-22-2018, 12:02 AM
Try to use mouse instead of origin and place your pointer on the wrist point. Then maybe try to rotate in orthographic views rather than perspective, you may be more precise.

gridman144
05-22-2018, 09:05 AM
That worked very well and I learned something new.

Thank you very, very much.

CaptainMarlowe
05-22-2018, 10:40 AM
You're welcome.

prometheus
05-22-2018, 03:02 PM
You can also use the transform tool and right click on the wrist connecting point, that will snap the transform tools pivot point to that of the wrist point, and you can use the gizmo rotation handles, it will give you a more exact rotation pivot point..but it assumes you also right click exactly on that wrist points center.
and if needed..use numeric tab "n" if you have to.

Otherwise using mouse mode is quite easy as well and it doesn´t necessary require such exact rotation when posing.

gridman144
05-22-2018, 08:02 PM
Thanks for the suggestion. I'll remember it.