PDA

View Full Version : Sudden Genoma errors in lightwave 2015.3

prometheus
05-20-2018, 07:08 AM
Not sure what has happened, suddenly I get genoma errors on a simple spine preset or a arm presets when I create the rig in layout.

unknown command: "Generic_Py_ConvertTagsToNulls".
when ok..the error message shows...
Line 1665, the named objectīgenoma tagsī does not exist.

itīs extremely basic shape of boxes and didnīt do much to the preset other than aligning it all straight.

I wonder, I donīt recall this happening before on 2015.3, may something have gone corrupt here or? or was that a bug somewhere and a fix?
I know it works in 2018 though, but I rather not upgrade just because of this.

Lightwave 2015.3 32 bit. windows 10

ernesttx
05-20-2018, 09:29 AM
Prometheus, you may need to reload a python script > Check at C:/Program Files/Newtek/<LW version>/support/plugins/scripts/Python/Layout/Generic and look for convert_tags_to_nulls.py

I had this pop up for 2018 and just reloaded script and all fine afterwards.

jwiede
05-20-2018, 01:25 PM
What's shameful is that the "magical disappearing plugins" bug still exists at ALL. :rolleyes:

prometheus
05-20-2018, 01:45 PM
Prometheus, you may need to reload a python script > Check at C:/Program Files/Newtek/<LW version>/support/plugins/scripts/Python/Layout/Generic and look for convert_tags_to_nulls.py

I had this pop up for 2018 and just reloaded script and all fine afterwards.

Well..that loading of the python script Did instead crash lightwave:(
Then again...I failed to recognize that was actually layout script, and I approached it wrongly in modeler I guess.
installing it layout worked, and ergo...i could run create genoma rig in layout..No errors.

Thanks ernesttx

jwiede
05-20-2018, 04:41 PM
Well..that loading of the python script Did instead crash lightwave:(
Then again...I failed to recognize that was actually layout script, and I approached it wrongly in modeler I guess.

(sigh) Which is another bug... loading Python scripts for one app in the other shouldn't crash the app (either of them), period.

jeric_synergy
05-20-2018, 06:53 PM
(sigh) Which is another bug... loading Python scripts for one app in the other shouldn't crash the app (either of them), period.

NOTHING you can load, be it mesh, image, surface, PFX, or script, should be able to crash the app.

prometheus
05-22-2018, 11:01 AM
Of course, the Ideall world should be that nothing would crash Lightwave, but we arenīt there.