PDA

View Full Version : Graph editor 2018

vonpietro
05-15-2018, 09:13 AM
I'm trying to copy on my y channel a group of keys to duplicate same keyframes later in the time line.

can't get it to do it. Docs hint you can do it, but selecting a bunch of keys and copying and pasting elsewhere -it only is pasting one time slice not the group.

I know you can do this in fusion no problem. I thought you could in lw, anyone know how?

https://docs.lightwave3d.com/display/LW2018/Graph+Editor+Toolbar

MonroePoteet
05-15-2018, 10:11 AM
Yes, you can do this. You surround the keys to be copied and either press "c" (not CTRL-C) or use Keys=>Copy Select Keys. Then position the cursor on the curve where you want to Paste the keys and press "v" (not CTRL-v).

mTp

vonpietro
05-15-2018, 10:32 AM
Ha, i was hitting cntrl v - so odd that its not cntrl v

thanks alot

Skywatcher_NT
05-15-2018, 10:57 AM
You can also use the ctrl key with the RMB to drag them on the curve

MonroePoteet
05-15-2018, 11:53 AM
Ha, i was hitting cntrl v - so odd that its not cntrl v

thanks alot

CTRL-c and CTRL-v are for Copy & Paste what they call a "Time Slice" - the curve's value at the current timeline position. So, if you click somewhere on the timeline below then press CTRL-c, the value of the curve will be copied (even if there's not a key there). Selecting a different position on the timeline and pressing CTRL-v will paste that value.

Yes, I guess my preference would have been to have CTRL-c and CTRL-v operate on the currently selected keys by default. I guess I could change it if I wanted, but I'll probably leave it the default.

mTp

RPSchmidt
05-15-2018, 12:42 PM
You can also use the ctrl key with the RMB to drag them on the curve

Rather, you can use the ctrl key and the RMB to duplicate-drag selected keys.

I use this method a lot when I want to reverse a simple animation later in the sequence, like return a character to zero position after an animation. I select the keys of the animation, ctrl+RMB drag-copy them down the timeline to their new position and invert the keys.

Fast and easy!

bobakabob
05-15-2018, 02:27 PM
Very useful info, thanks for the clarity!

erikals
05-15-2018, 03:34 PM
also check Tip 2 in this video from Louis du Mont >

https://vimeo.com/149074002