PDA

View Full Version : 460 Boot Hard-drive problem

victor4393
05-14-2018, 11:56 AM
I am the original owner of a Newtek 455 which was converted to a 460 about a month after my purchase about 4 years ago.

The boot-up drive is only 80GBs! I need to increase the size of the boot up drive so I can do more updates. There is only 6.93 MBs available on this hard-drive!!

Is there anyway to swap out hard drives without having to send in my entire machine?

Lately, the machine is not working correctly. I removed anything extra on the hard drive to give it some "Breathing room" and it worked for about a week. However, it keeps rebuilding temporary files for the internet and takes up the hard drive space again. I need to do another update on my 460....but I have no room what-so-ever. I had a whole series of Macros built with lower thirds and this Sunday they were gone when I turned on the machine....again. Before I rebuild the Macros again, I would really like to replace this hard drive. Thanks for any help you would be able to provide.

Victor

kanep
05-14-2018, 12:35 PM
What all is on the drive? You shouldn't be putting anything on the C: drive which should leave you space for software updates.

victor4393
05-14-2018, 01:17 PM
The only thing that has gone onto the C Drive has been new updates and whatever the 460 generates on its own (such as temporary internet files) it has taken three or four years for it to fill up to were it is now saying there isn’t enough space on the C-drive to perform correctly. I have over 600 Livestreaming events on this 460. This is a problem that just started in the past few months. If it keeps saying it doesn’t have enough space....I need more. It has been updated about four times. I don’t know if the old files are still there or if they get replaced.

Lee-AVP
05-15-2018, 08:50 AM
What all is on the drive? You shouldn't be putting anything on the C: drive which should leave you space for software updates.

I need to dig in to it a little furhter before I bug it, but when I create a new session on my TC1 on the E drive, the default recording locations are all on the C drive. That gave me a start the other day when I filled the system drive after about 30 minutes! Easy resolution, but a potential gotcha.