PDA

View Full Version : Tricaraster 8000 power off after 30 minutes

Khurshid TV
05-14-2018, 07:29 AM
Dear All

I Have Tricaster 8000 and I am using around 4 years .No The system is working and suddenly power off after 30 minutes .
we checked the both PSU and we did not find any problem on that and both PSU working normally .
we replace the heat sync thermal materials as well but still the problem is available .
I tested the system on BIOS to make sure this problem doest come from OS and any software issue then we saw the problem comes back even in BIOS mode ?
Is there any IDEA to help me what is the exact problem ?? also i found in OS event the ID 41 - Kernel power issue 141687141687

joseburgos
05-14-2018, 08:40 AM
Contact NewTek support. They have a great online chat support and I highly recommend it

Stream
05-14-2018, 08:47 AM
Try replacing that battery on the motherboard.

Khurshid TV
05-14-2018, 09:39 AM
Thanks Let me Check with Them

Khurshid TV
05-14-2018, 09:52 AM
I think If we replace the battery the BIOS will be reset and can it make any problem for the system boot ??
or can it make any problem for Operation system ?

bbailey
05-14-2018, 02:17 PM
Problem is...if you need another battery for the mother board, it's probably already made changes in the BIOS. You can begin by checking the clock time to see if it has changed. If it has, then the battery could fix the rest of the problems. Support can tell you what the BIOS settings should be. I've wondered whether pulling the top where you can see the battery, powering up and changing the battery after it initializes, is possible, therefore not loosing the BIOS settings. I don't remember how covered up the battery is. This of course, would be a preventative measure. Changing the battery every three years or so, before it can start making problems. Once there are problems due to the battery, it's already to late for that.

In my case, it WAS already to late. I noticed at the May graduations in 2017 that I was having to reset the clock and the Tricaster was starting up on its own once power was applied. At the end of football season my 860 died at an event one day before the last game. Fortunately, I had a backup switcher which got me through the event and the last game. I had to ship the 860 for repair and got a new SSD boot drive while i was at it.

Khurshid TV
05-14-2018, 11:15 PM
Problem is...if you need another battery for the mother board, it's probably already made changes in the BIOS. You can begin by checking the clock time to see if it has changed. If it has, then the battery could fix the rest of the problems. Support can tell you what the BIOS settings should be. I've wondered whether pulling the top where you can see the battery, powering up and changing the battery after it initializes, is possible, therefore not loosing the BIOS settings. I don't remember how covered up the battery is. This of course, would be a preventative measure. Changing the battery every three years or so, before it can start making problems. Once there are problems due to the battery, it's already to late for that.

In my case, it WAS already to late. I noticed at the May graduations in 2017 that I was having to reset the clock and the Tricaster was starting up on its own once power was applied. At the end of football season my 860 died at an event one day before the last game. Fortunately, I had a backup switcher which got me through the event and the last game. I had to ship the 860 for repair and got a new SSD boot drive while i was at it.

Dear My Friend Thanks for your details and solution technically there is no issue i can easily change the battery after the system boot normally there is no space limitation and no battery can remove easily , so my question is this battery how can effect to system to power off after 30 minutes ? Thanks again