PDA

View Full Version : Texture layer blending constants or data types?

CroDude
12-28-2003, 11:11 AM
Hi all!

I got stuck while writing script when found that I can't get the type of texture layer blending mode.

LScript Reference manual, part describing Texture Layer object agent, don't have listed types for handling the texture blending modes. Is this a manual glitch (missing part) or LScript really can't extract these?

Please guys help! I'm stuck here!

D ;)

faulknermano
12-30-2003, 08:47 AM
this was EXACTLY the same thing that happened to me many months ago! :) i was there, you know, in the middle of this awesome, lightwave-world-changing idea (which i wont tell) and so i started to hammer away at lscript as i usually did. unfortunately, the very same woe (texture blending mode among others) shot down any possibility of completing it.

:confused:

CroDude
12-30-2003, 09:42 AM
Damn it!!!

Bob help us !!!

Blochi
01-11-2004, 04:05 AM
Yeah, texturing has many many holes in LScript.

There is a workaround in Layout, but this is a loooong and winding path. But it takes you pretty much everywhere.

You can issue a Command to save the surface, and take a look at this file. The tricky thing is, that it is a binary, and you will have to read up a lot on the LWO format to be able to parse it. Reading values is much easier than changing or setting values this way... But in any case you will need to dig deep.

Blochi