PDA

View Full Version : Possible bug on fiberfx with curves?

prometheus
05-11-2018, 08:59 AM
Since I am running the discover edition, I can not verify how the curves in 2018 would work.

when I create spline curves in 2015, I can use that for fiberfx without converting to polychain, but in 2018, it crashes when trying to make them visible in the fiberfx tab,activate works, but as soon as I click on the check under the eye icon, it crashes.

It might be due to new model format perhaps, so the modeled curved is made in 2015 since 2018 and discover edition doesnīt allow for me to create new curves and save it, neither sending to layout from modeler.
So if anyone of you could try the fiberfx in 2018 with spline curves..and verify if it crashes or not?

prometheus
05-11-2018, 09:13 AM
never mind..it also crashed in 2015, and I re-arranged the splines a bit, and it suddenly worked in both 2015 and in 2018, could be that each splinecurve start point shared the same root position.

jaxtone
05-11-2018, 11:42 AM
I guess there were a new kind of tool in the 2018 version that made it possible to create spline curves at different origins of a poly?

Haven't had time to try them or even understand how they work but guess it was something I snapped up from one of your links!

never mind..it also crashed in 2015, and I re-arranged the splines a bit, and it suddenly worked in both 2015 and in 2018, could be that each splinecurve start point shared the same root position.

prometheus
05-11-2018, 05:43 PM
I guess there were a new kind of tool in the 2018 version that made it possible to create spline curves at different origins of a poly?

Haven't had time to try them or even understand how they work but guess it was something I snapped up from one of your links!

No donīt think there is a new tool in 2018 for that as you think, spline curves work as they do in 2015..nothing new there in 2018 as I am aware of, not sure what you refer to..maybe the line pen, but that is a different story...and itīs nothing new on that front either for the line pen.

What I did was to create a simple spline curve (spline draw), with itīs curve starting point at x:0 origin, then I used symmetrize (spin it or radial mirror) also works, this means that each curve has itīs starting point exactly at the same location as the others, and that could have caused the issue, so I moved the spline curves away from x:0 origin, and that worked.

there is a new radial array tool in 2018 that could be used for similar spin it techniques, but itīs not designed for any spline curves at different origins of a poly.