PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a rigger/consultant

targ8ter
05-10-2018, 02:49 PM
I'm working on a project where I need to pose many realistic human models. It's not really an animation project, but I need to generate a few hundred static poses. Then, I'm planning to swap out different human models to get different people doing these different poses. I've got a bunch of poses and models set up as a proof-of-concept using the default Genoma 2 Biped preset, but it's not great. I'm getting crummy deformations on most joints, and I am totally not a rigger. It is absolutely my weakest skill, and I'd really love to talk to a pro about what I'm doing wrong, but also about the entire project to figure out of I'm going about this the right way. I've basically only ever used Lightwave, but since the final product is just rendered stills, it could be that something like Daz or Poser might actually be superior for, um, posing.

So, any master riggers out there, let me know if I can pay you hourly for some Skype chats about the project (which I have to keep pretty vague here, I'm afraid), for looking at my scene files, and them possibly doing some additional rigging if its something you want to tackle. This wouldn't be a long project, unless you convince me that you should take over the whole pipeline, which is also an option.

ernpchan
05-11-2018, 12:04 AM
Can you post the files? Or you can PM and I can take a look at your setup.

targ8ter
05-11-2018, 01:42 PM
I can post the rig and one of the models. Like I said, standard G2 biped rig, and the models are from Adobe Fuse.

https://we.tl/sJI3kVXGsb

Normally I suppose that you'd tweak these things per model and by fine tuning the weight maps, but I'm hoping to avoid that since I have so many different models that I want to swap in and out. All the models have the same dimensions, but custom weight maps for each one would be a pain.

targ8ter
05-12-2018, 07:58 AM
Hmmm... I tried to reply, and it never showed up, possibly because it contained a URL. I'll try uploading the rig again, but it is just the standard G2 Biped rig, and some human models from Adobe Fuse.

I assume that way to get the best results would be tweaking bone positions and weight maps for each separate model, but since I am hoping to be able to swap in many dozen models on the same bones to get the poses with many different people. Maybe I need a different rig, maybe it just needs the right helper bones... I'm not sure.