PDA

View Full Version : check if symmetry is on

wiffzack
12-28-2003, 08:44 AM
Only a simple question:

How could i get and set Modelers symmetry mode?

evenflcw
12-28-2003, 12:07 PM
In Lscript you can't. Hopefully this will change with LW8 and updated Lscript. What most do is simply analyze the selection to see if it is symmetrical. If it is, it will run one bit of code, if it's not it'll run another.

wiffzack
12-29-2003, 01:57 AM
There is the speed problem again:) I thought i could write a fast "selMirror" script.

But i just figured out that LS dont use the symmetry mode ( with sel and move...)

hmm but i could loop throug the selection and select a mirror point if available...

:mad:

Kvaalen
12-29-2003, 04:38 AM
When you say "selMirror", do you mean that you select a couple points or polygins on one side of the X axis and when you run the script it selects the points on the other side that are symmetrical?

If so you can already do this. Select what you want on one side, turn on symmetry and then use any tool (move, rotate...) and click once without dragging.

Hope that helps. :)

wiffzack
12-29-2003, 04:52 AM
Thanks for the tip! I dont knew that feature before

But this adds to the selection. I want the 'inverted' mirror selection. If i selected points one one side this points should be deselected and the mirror side should be selected.