PDA

View Full Version : The long standing problem of low analog audio levels. Is Newtek going to fix this?

INOV8Pro
12-28-2003, 07:41 AM
Hey Newtek:

I thought it was just a problem on my end. I have to punch the audio sliders all the way up on the analog input to get a level. I've recently found that this has been a problem a long time and this being such a serious issue I'm surprised it hasn't been repaired. I hear the audio output was fixed with the VT3 and that audio levels are fine using firewire. However, this problem makes SX8 difficult to use.

Is Newtek going to fix this? I think this should be a priority.

Paul

RayLarson
12-29-2003, 09:54 AM
I am (and have been since T2) having this same issue. It is real irritating. It forces me to have to deal with tweaking the audio in Ted and creates an extra step. Just give me out what goes in please.....This should be a top priority.

sywitt
12-29-2003, 04:04 PM
Now that you mention it, we have the same problem. I've gotten so used to going out to SoundForge and normalizing, I nearly forgot that this isn't the way it's supposed to be. I wonder if it's because we have one of the first generation sx-8's? I called NT and asked about a replacement, but the support person didn't know what I was talking about. I got busy and forgot about it.

Hmmm

Sy Witt

ted
12-29-2003, 04:20 PM
It's been there and still is. Not sure why, but I've just gotten used to pushing levels through our external board going to the decks.

"Some day, over the rainbow, bluebirds sing", and can be heard through VT without boosting it!;)

INOV8Pro
12-31-2003, 02:33 PM
Could someone from Newtek please reply to this post. I really do see this as major fault with the Video Toaster and I would like some idea if Newtek has been working on a solution. Right now I'll have to use my Mackie mixer to increase the levels to the SX-8.

Paul

Jim_C
12-31-2003, 03:02 PM
It would seem silly to think that a customer service oriented company like Newtek who monitor and post into even the most trivial of owner problems is running around with their fingers in their ears humming 'We dont hear you, we dont hear you'.

They monitor these boards, they read these posts they know there is something strange going on..

But for those of us who don't believe Newtek is trying to fix anything unless they mention on a Internet Board first, here ya go..

http://www.videotoasternt.com/forums/read.cgi?31567

;)

happy New Year
Jim

INOV8Pro
12-31-2003, 03:33 PM
Thanks for the link. It's not like Paul Lara or the people at Newtek are busy or anything. :D

Paul

PS - Thanks for looking into it Newtek:)

Paul Lara
01-05-2004, 06:40 AM
Originally posted by INOV8Pro
It's not like Paul Lara or the people at Newtek are busy or anything. :D

...and sometimes, we even get confused as to which Internet forum we have answered these questions. ;)

Yes, we are aware of the drop in amplitude and are working on it.

Dave Davies
01-05-2004, 11:47 AM
This hasn't really been a problem, since I would run the audio out through my other gear anyway. I like to sweeten the sound on the way to the edit deck with outboard gear, as well as control clip levels, etc.

I mean, we don't expect Sound Forge or Cool Edit to do video editing, live switching, DDR, etc., right? So why do we expect VT to do everything?

Not trying to start a war, just making an observation.

Dave Davies

jfwright
01-27-2004, 02:44 PM
Why should we expect it?

Because we were told it would.

We paid for a system that would 'handle it all.'

That's their big selling point.

I can add more bitchin' but I think 'nuff said.

J

steveg
01-27-2004, 10:33 PM
I can't imagine that NewTek wants to go through still another NAB without positive support from the communityabout these imbarrassing audio problems. My 2 cents is if they could fix the audio problems they would have fixed them along time ago.

INOV8Pro
01-28-2004, 12:30 PM
Newtek should have bought SonicFoundry before Sony did.

Paul

eon5
11-24-2004, 06:40 AM
low analog audio levels... VT4 software fix it ?

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Jim Capillo
11-24-2004, 07:57 AM
low analog audio levels... VT4 software fix it ?

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Been fixed for a while now..... :)