PDA

View Full Version : Could lack of genlock be causing audio problems

DAC - Raydra
05-04-2018, 08:59 AM
I'm a complete newbie and I'm trying to muddle my way through the hardware of the Tricaster 8000. We currently run our RODELink wireless mics through ProFX 12 channel soundboard. Things have been working great until a couple weeks ago. All of our audio is recording like it is slightly slowed down. Everyone's voices are deeper and just not right. We do not have a genlock. Could this possibly be the issue? I've been trying to learn more about genlock and I completely understand the concept, but I'm not sure how to implement it with our configuration. Thanks for any help,

kanep
05-04-2018, 09:23 AM
I'm a complete newbie and I'm trying to muddle my way through the hardware of the Tricaster 8000. We currently run our RODELink wireless mics through ProFX 12 channel soundboard. Things have been working great until a couple weeks ago. All of our audio is recording like it is slightly slowed down. Everyone's voices are deeper and just not right. We do not have a genlock. Could this possibly be the issue? I've been trying to learn more about genlock and I completely understand the concept, but I'm not sure how to implement it with our configuration. Thanks for any help,

I doubt genlock will make a difference. Genlock affects the output of the system, not the inputs.

I'd start at mixer, checking the audio on a speak and going from device to device until out find where the problem comes in at. Then you know where to focus. Is this only on recording or do you hear it live as well? If it is just in the recordings, what you are playing them back on?

Stream
05-04-2018, 09:26 AM
Make sure that you have the latest software update installed as well.

DAC - Raydra
05-04-2018, 10:04 AM
The audio sounds fine when I plug headphones into the mixer. Once it goes through the TC the problem starts. I hear the bad audio when it is live and recorded.

I'll check to see if we have the latest updates.