PDA

View Full Version : question for turbulence fd users....

stylus10
05-02-2018, 09:01 AM
i have started with the standard smoke sim that comes with turbulence. the one called sphere smoke. i have replace the sphere object with the dark knight bat symbol. but the smoke does not interact with the object. 141477 can anyone tell me what i'm doing wrong? thanks so much for any and all your advice.

prometheus
05-02-2018, 01:29 PM
i have started with the standard smoke sim that comes with turbulence. the one called sphere smoke. i have replace the sphere object with the dark knight bat symbol. but the smoke does not interact with the object. 141477 can anyone tell me what i'm doing wrong? thanks so much for any and all your advice.

Canīt see by the images if you have made the bat mesh a collision object?
You have to select the bat mesh and then in the TurbulenceFD tab where you have container, emitter etc..thereīs a button under make emitter, called make collision, that is the button you click on after selecting the mesh, then run the sim again.

stylus10
05-02-2018, 03:15 PM
yes, you are correct. i have done that but with the same results, the smoke goes right through. any other suggestions? and thank you.141499

prometheus
05-03-2018, 03:59 AM
yes, you are correct. i have done that but with the same results, the smoke goes right through. any other suggestions? and thank you.141499

no acess to lightwave right now, but I think you need to check it as a use collision somewhere in the properties of that object, if it is an emitter object or a collision object, there should be a checkbox somewhere.
Also..check manuals.

prometheus
05-03-2018, 05:14 AM
I may have given you bad instruction. .
As I said I am not in front of Lightwave. .
I think the check box might be
In the actual mesh emitter tab..
Where you set channels for density emission etc. .
I think you need to
Check a box there to
Tell the fluid emitter
To actually collide
Wir the collision object.

prometheus
05-03-2018, 11:02 AM
Your settings from what I can see should be ok, but try and remove that mesh, and use a simple box instead...just to check if it could be the mesh itself causing it, if it is the same with a box..it may be some setting ..or it may actually be the lightwave 2018.04 version, but I can not tell..havenīt installed that one yet...maybe this weekend.

stylus10
05-05-2018, 12:50 PM
thank you. i will run through your suggestions asap and i really appreciate the information.

stylus10
05-05-2018, 01:03 PM
you were correct! somehow the object lacks something of the necessary integrity. i will recreate in zbrush. thanks.