PDA

View Full Version : Opening .lwo/.lws files by double-click, not working for me in LW2018

Spinland
04-24-2018, 04:04 AM
I'm figuring this is a MacOs/LW2018 specific issue since High Sierra didn't break similar functionality in any of my other apps (that I know of).

Just wrapped a gig and starting a new one, decided to go ahead and start using 2018 while the project is still ramping up. This is a minor thing, but still: I can't double-click an object or scene and have the app launch with that file loaded. The app comes up fine, but I still have to explicitly load in the desired file after it launches.

This might be a silly config issue I should know about, but I don't, and searching isn't helping. Is there any fix or workaround you guys know about?

As I said: tiny nit to pick, but it would be kinda nice to have that convenience back.

Thanks in advance! :jam:

rsfd
04-24-2018, 09:54 AM
no workaround from me for this one, but a verification for LW2018 on OSX 10.11.6

(The only other application that I experience this issue with is Photoshop CS6).

jwiede
05-03-2018, 07:38 PM
The behavior seen almost certainly points to a bug in the apps themselves, rather than anything in the OS:

If the OS weren't passing documents to apps as expected when docs are double-clicked, double-clicking any document icon should fail, and it sounds like that isn't what's happening.

Clearly if the proper app is launched, then the OS has the proper notion of which app owns the document, so that doesn't appear to be the problem.

Given the OS is clearly launching the proper app from document, and there's indication the OS is passing documents to launched apps as expected as well, an issue at launch of the sort described is almost certainly a problem in the app's processing of passed launch-time documents.

Ma3rk
05-04-2018, 12:43 AM
Working here with Win7 Pro, 64-bit. I really don't use that for LW scenes & objects. Most likely, just re do your association. Find a lws file, right click on it & follow the promptings to find the correct exe that launches it then OK.

jwiede
05-09-2018, 06:48 AM
Working here with Win7 Pro, 64-bit.

Alas, as we're talking about Macs in LW-Mac topic... how to address it in Windows isn't much help. :devil: