PDA

View Full Version : App switch lag

Boris Goreta
04-18-2018, 08:32 AM
When I have Layout or Modeler opened and all is loaded and nothing is going on and then I switch (alt tab) to windows explorer and then back to Layout or Modeler I have to wait cca. 10 seconds for Layout or Modeler to become responsive.

Is someone else experiencing this ?

It is not reproducible so I can't file a bug but it happens often. Once this starts happening it stays like that until I restart apps.

04-18-2018, 08:53 AM
Yup.
Seems a problem, and yup, hard to reproduce. An anecdotal bug: has to be told about, ya can't show it.

I thought it had something to do with the office suite as I've seen that before. But alas, a just-restarted machine, this behavior can be there.

5 6 7 8... then it (layout or modeler) will become active for input. Alt tab and the countdown begins again.
Robert

OFF
04-18-2018, 02:10 PM
Confirm.

MonroePoteet
04-20-2018, 12:19 PM
I don't know if it's the same problem you folks are seeing, but for some reason, I occasionally have OpenGL update lags in Modeler and Layout. Layout provides a command Redraw Viewports which I've assigned to CTRL-left arrow using Edit=>Edit Shortcut Keys, so I can easily have Layout redraw everthing.

Modeler (sadly) doesn't have a similar command, but I assigned the command Center View on Mouse Pointer to CTRL-left arrow, which causes a redraw and I've found that I use it more than I've expected.

You might try these to see if you can get Layout and Modeler to redraw as soon as they are back in the foreground via ALT-TAB. If they're still "inactive" after trying these redraw tricks, then I don't know.

mTp

virtualsets
04-20-2018, 07:23 PM
10 sec lag is quite modest for Windows PCs. ;) I have to wait longer in many cases.

Snosrap
04-29-2018, 07:38 PM
Check your antivirus software!