PDA

View Full Version : Transform Tool Question

Greenlaw
04-17-2018, 12:44 PM
This is something I've been meaning to ask here for ages but kept forgetting: When using the Transform tool, is there a way to constrain scale along two axis, like with a hotkey maybe? I've always had to scale two gizmo handles separately or manually enter identical values for the two axis I want to affect.

Everything else is so interactive with this tool, I figure there must by a way to do this. Not a big deal, just wondering. Thanks for any helpful info.

prometheus
04-18-2018, 11:00 AM
This is something I've been meaning to ask here for ages but kept forgetting: When using the Transform tool, is there a way to constrain scale along two axis, like with a hotkey maybe? I've always had to scale two gizmo handles separately or manually enter identical values for the two axis I want to affect.

Everything else is so interactive with this tool, I figure there must by a way to do this. Not a big deal, just wondering. Thanks for any helpful info.

so you donīt mean scale it uniformly on all axis? but just two?

Greenlaw
04-18-2018, 11:58 AM
Yeah. I mentioned this to my supervisor yesterday, and he said just use the Stretch tool. In my situation yesterday, that made more sense. D'oh.

But many other times, I've used the Transform Tools with selections at odd orientations, which is where this tool really shines, because I can set my widget pivot based to a variety of selections. But when scaling uniformly on just two axis, I need to adjust two separate widget handles. Not a huge deal but if I don't have the Numeric panel open, I can't tell if the scaling values for the two are equal.

It's really not a big deal; I was just wondering if there was a more direct way to do this that I wasn't aware of. I'm guessing not.

It's funny but ever since Transform and Tweak were added, I hardly ever use the 'classic' tools for transforms and I almost forget they're there. :)