PDA

View Full Version : Fusion in Davinci Resolve ... take that adobe...!

tyrot
04-09-2018, 10:47 AM
I do not know you but this is a dream to come true! ONE software rules all!

CaptainMarlowe
04-09-2018, 11:56 AM
Impressive. They are fast movers. I definitely have to get a closer look into it.

erikals
04-09-2018, 12:05 PM
damn, i just wrote them this request 2 days ago...!! :D

https://www.blackmagicdesign.com

Markc
04-09-2018, 12:10 PM
So you can now get both Studio versions for one price :D

prometheus
04-09-2018, 12:19 PM
Ivé been using resolve and fusion more and more the latest year...so this is nice, though I am worried that some things in the free versions may have been ruled out or something, will take a look at it..as long as you can install it wihout having to uninistall the old resolve and fusion.

Ztreem
04-09-2018, 01:52 PM
Awesome! I worked whole last week with AE and just got so annoyed by some of the stupid workflows and that you should combine it with premiere and go back and forth. This sounds like a dream come true.

tyrot
04-09-2018, 02:26 PM
Awesome! I worked whole last week with AE and just got so annoyed by some of the stupid workflows and that you should combine it with premiere and go back and forth. This sounds like a dream come true.

exactly.. when you scrub the playhead ..it scrubs within different sections of resolve.. color, editing and fusion.. at exact same timecode!... how cool is that.. !

vncnt
04-09-2018, 02:30 PM
I see they have a new camera that shoots 4K 60fps, 12bit raw, mft lens.
Would be interesting to check how well its footage can be matchmoved without global shutter - they say it has a fast sensor readout.

3D Kiwi
04-09-2018, 10:38 PM
Biggest feature is the play head no longer jumps to the end of a clip when you add it to the timeline.

Unification anyone....

samurai_x
04-10-2018, 03:48 AM
Biggest feature is the play head no longer jumps to the end of a clip when you add it to the timeline.

Unification anyone....

Unification? It will just be confusing with too many stuff on the screen. My brain can't handle all the complex UI of a unified application.
Sarcasm...

Don't say bad words in the lightwave forum. The hermits might get ya. :D

kyuzo
04-10-2018, 05:47 AM
Impressive.

Just last week I downloaded and started to have a play with Fusion. I was looking at Resolve just days ago.
I notice the download is still Beta, so I'll give it a few weeks (got plenty of work to keep me busy in the meantime) and then download.

I have been rooting around for good (and free) Fusion tutorials, but haven't come across much.
Any recommendations?

wesleycorgi
04-10-2018, 10:08 AM
Impressive.

Just last week I downloaded and started to have a play with Fusion. I was looking at Resolve just days ago.
I notice the download is still Beta, so I'll give it a few weeks (got plenty of work to keep me busy in the meantime) and then download.

I have been rooting around for good (and free) Fusion tutorials, but haven't come across much.
Any recommendations?

Check this on Udemy: https://www.udemy.com/learn-blackmagic-fusion-free-after-effects-altenative/

erikals
04-10-2018, 03:50 PM
a bit more detailed info from CGchannel...
http://www.cgchannel.com/2018/04/blackmagic-design-releases-davinci-resolve-15-in-beta

KurtF
04-10-2018, 07:16 PM
I feel sorry for Apple. Could'a, should'a, would'a. They had Shake and let it die. I guess the new FinalCut is sort of settling in, but still. BlackMagic Design is really listening to their customer base and delivering more than people expect.

jeric_synergy
04-10-2018, 08:15 PM
I feel sorry for Apple. Could'a, should'a, would'a. They had Shake and let it die. I guess the new FinalCut is sort of settling in, but still. BlackMagic Design is really listening to their customer base and delivering more than people expect.
I doubt that business is even a percentage point in their corporate profit. Besides, I just can't feel sorry for them: their whole "too cool for school" schtick grates on me.

And really, I >>h8<< their products: they always seem to try to force you into their straitjackets of how to handle files. Frickn' iTunes, what a g.d. hassle. iPhoto? Worse.

kyuzo
04-11-2018, 02:56 AM
Check this on Udemy: https://www.udemy.com/learn-blackmagic-fusion-free-after-effects-altenative/

Cheers, have signed up for that. Doesn't look too indepth, but I'm sure I'll be able to pick up something of use.

And Jeric - totally, 100% agree with you about apple products and their restrictive attitude.

OlaHaldor
04-12-2018, 11:44 AM
..as long as you can install it wihout having to uninistall the old resolve and fusion.

Nope. You can't do that.

It's *always* been "install over previous version", ever since Resolve 7 was launched on Mac OS, and later versions for Windows.

I guess you can keep the old (separate) Fusion installed side by side with Davinci though. Not sure if that will cause problems.

papou
04-12-2018, 11:52 AM
...BlackMagic Design is really listening to their customer base and delivering more than people expect...

No, BlackMagic is not listening to all their customer.
They are listening about the Resolve Community (Colorist and a bit of Editors)

Fusion community is waiting for a lot of answer...

BM "..We've done no market research in this, we never do; user studies or, you know, any of that stuff. So, you know, we have no idea of what's gonna happen. We just do these things and think it sounds right..."