PDA

View Full Version : bullet not working

Captain Chaos
04-06-2018, 11:21 AM
Hi, I'm running Lightwave 11.6 on a Mac with Sierra 10.12.6 and bullet doesn't appear to be available. Is there a way to re-install it?

Markc
04-06-2018, 11:26 AM
In what way....does LW crash, or do you get an error?
Have you tried to rescan plugins.

Captain Chaos
04-06-2018, 12:19 PM
It's grayed out in the menu. How do I rescan plugins?

Markc
04-06-2018, 12:28 PM
From the edit menu, edit plugins.

Captain Chaos
04-06-2018, 12:37 PM
Assuming I did it right, that didn't work. Should I re-install everything?

MonroePoteet
04-06-2018, 03:27 PM
It's grayed out in the menu. How do I rescan plugins?

I'm a little confused when you say "It's grayed out in the menu." In the LW 11.6 FX Tools main tab, there are a number of Bullet related buttons, such as Item Properties, World Properties, buttons to assign Dynamic Body types (Rigid, Parts, Deforming) and Collision Body types (Static, Kinematic), and to assign Bullet forces. Are they all grayed out?

mTp

Captain Chaos
04-06-2018, 04:39 PM
Maybe I'm not understanding what's going on (always a possibility) but when I go to the FX tab I see the attached141076

MonroePoteet
04-06-2018, 08:00 PM
Ah, OK. It looks like the menu Groups are still there, but the various buttons populating them are gone. Have you been using Edit=>Edit Menu Layout to modify your menus? If so, maybe they accidentally got deleted.

If you've been modifying your menu layouts (or even if not), you might get into Edit=>Edit Menu Layout, use the Save button to save your current menus in a CFG file, and then use the Presets pulldown to select the Default or V11.0 Style menus. I'd guess that the FX Tools Bullet groups will be repopulated and they'll work correctly.

If you have been modifying your menu layouts and want to keep them and the Bullet buttons accidentally got deleted, you may have to repopulate them manually. The Bullet functions are under the Dynamics group of commands in the Edit Menu Layout left panel.

mTp

P.S. If you don't see the Dynamics section in the Edit Menu Layout left panel, then you may need to reload the file:

C:\Program Files\NewTek\Lightwave11.6\support\plugins\animate \dynamics.p

Captain Chaos
04-10-2018, 03:00 PM
Thanks for getting back to me. Unfortunately when I try to load plug-ins my Mac has a stroke. I'l try re-installing everything and see if that fixes it.

Annoyed that this keeps happening even though I've never touched "edit menu layout" until today.

MonroePoteet
04-11-2018, 07:34 AM
That sounds like your LW2018.0.3-64.CFG file is getting corrupted, and with Layout misbehaving when trying to add plugins it sounds like a full re-install is a good start. Hopefully, it's not a more serious problem with the overall system itself, like the hard drive going bad or a memory problem. Good luck!

mTp

Captain Chaos
04-11-2018, 07:56 AM
That sounds like your LW2018.0.3-64.CFG file is getting corrupted, and with Layout misbehaving when trying to add plugins it sounds like a full re-install is a good start. Hopefully, it's not a more serious problem with the overall system itself, like the hard drive going bad or a memory problem. Good luck!

mTp

I reinstalled everything and it's the same. I'm running this on a mac and it sounds like you're a PC guy. Is there a mac tutorial for this? Maybe I'm just not understanding this feature in this version

MonroePoteet
04-11-2018, 09:51 AM
Yes, I'm a PC guy, so I can't advise on how to add the Dynamics.p plug-in on a Mac for LW11.6 (forgot that was your version in my previous post). Sorry!

Any Mac users have some ideas?

mTp

Markc
04-11-2018, 11:31 AM
Even though you have reinstalled it, your config files might be stored in a different location and still remain.
Do you create a Preferences folder for your configs, or let lw do it's own thing?

Captain Chaos
04-12-2018, 09:40 AM
Even though you have reinstalled it, your config files might be stored in a different location and still remain.
Do you create a Preferences folder for your configs, or let lw do it's own thing?

I let lightwave do it.

Markc
04-12-2018, 11:38 AM
Go to your Library/Preferences folder (under the finder go menu, hold alt to make library appear)
Find the lightwave config files (Layout 11, Modeler 11, Hub 11 etc), move them to a folder (desktop or somewhere) just in case.
A better way of working, create a Preferences folder within the LW install (i.e next to where layout app etc are)
Re-open Lightwave, see if this fixes it.