PDA

View Full Version : Audio Issue - Please Help

choffman
04-06-2018, 01:13 AM
I have been having problems with audio routing when sending out the full audio of the Tricaster to an audio mixer, then back to the Tricaster so it can be the mixer mics and everything can be included in a webcast I am doing. Even though I am playing the DDR and sending it to the mixer, the ddr is unaffected by the incoming mix. So if I am playing a clip from the DDR, it is playing at its own. I am a little confused as to what is going on.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

choffman
04-06-2018, 07:02 AM
So how would I mute the audio from regular output from the DDR but have it send to aux 1 (which outputs to the mixer)? I can't seem to figure that out.

rabbit
04-06-2018, 07:08 AM
This is our configuration:
- YAMAHA – Mischpult (MP)
Mikrofone zu ST
19/20 (TC AUX 1) zu Gr. 3/4 und ST
ST geht zu TC IN 1
Gr. 3/4 geht zu TC IN 2
- Tricaster Audiomixer (TC)
IN 1 „Input Settings – Connection“ Input 1 – Line
IN 2 „Input Settings – Connection“ Input 2 - Line
IN 1 + 2 „Routing“ Master: 1-1 / 2-2 / 3-3 / 4-4
Aux 1: 3-3 / 4-4
Aux 2 + 3: 1-1 / 2-2 / 3-3 / 4-4
DDR 1 + 2 “Routing” Master: 3-3 / 4-4
Aux 1 bis 3: 1-1 / 2-2 / 3-3 / 4-4
IN 1 “Processing – Automation” follow Video – alle außer DDR 1 + 2
IN 2 “Processing – Automation” follow Video – nur DDR 1 + 2

This is the Signalrouting:
„TC DDR 1 +2“ – „TC AUX 1“ – „IN MP 19/20“ – „MP Gr. 3/4“ – „TC IN 2“ – „TC Master“ (TC IN 1 ist jetzt deaktiviert)
„andere Quellen“ – „MP IN …“ – „MP Stereo OUT“ – „TC IN 1“ – „TC Master““ (TC IN 2 ist jetzt deaktiviert)

Stream
04-06-2018, 08:22 AM
You don't say what model Tricaster you have and what software you're running.

JPulera
04-06-2018, 10:59 AM
You don't say what model Tricaster you have and what software you're running.

Right that will make a big difference. AE is super-beneficial to have since it offers 4x4 Matrix Audio Routing.

What you probably need to configure is a Mix-Minus setup, and it can be done without AE, but may take a little more effort. Can be done though.

Please clarify what your workflow is. Does any audio from TriCaster need to come out of SPEAKERS in the venue? For instance, TriCaster plays DDR clip to projector, therefore your DDR audio needs to go out to audio board so it gets routed to sound system? But then you need to stream ALL the audio?

If that is the workflow, you don't want to send ALL the audio from TriCaster to audio board - they don't need it all. And it creates a LOOP, TC to board, board to TC, and so on. Feedback and echoes!

Create TWO different mixes in TriCaster, like MAIN and AUX. Remove DDR from MAIN, then make DDR the ONLY source on AUX mix, and physically route AUX output cabling to sound board. Now they can mix your DDR output into mics and such on their board. Then they give you their MASTER output which comes back into TriCaster, say on INPUT 1. Your DDR audio is included in the IN 1 mix since it comes from the sound board. But DDR is NOT part of the internal mix, so no echoes! There is only one "copy" of the DDR audio in MAIN mix in TC and that is coming IN from external sound board.

Maybe that's not exactly what you need though. Please let us know with as much detail as possible what you need to accomplish and we can revisit then.

Thanks

Jeff

choffman
04-08-2018, 12:20 PM
Right that will make a big difference. AE is super-beneficial to have since it offers 4x4 Matrix Audio Routing.

What you probably need to configure is a Mix-Minus setup, and it can be done without AE, but may take a little more effort. Can be done though.

Please clarify what your workflow is. Does any audio from TriCaster need to come out of SPEAKERS in the venue? For instance, TriCaster plays DDR clip to projector, therefore your DDR audio needs to go out to audio board so it gets routed to sound system? But then you need to stream ALL the audio?

If that is the workflow, you don't want to send ALL the audio from TriCaster to audio board - they don't need it all. And it creates a LOOP, TC to board, board to TC, and so on. Feedback and echoes!

Create TWO different mixes in TriCaster, like MAIN and AUX. Remove DDR from MAIN, then make DDR the ONLY source on AUX mix, and physically route AUX output cabling to sound board. Now they can mix your DDR output into mics and such on their board. Then they give you their MASTER output which comes back into TriCaster, say on INPUT 1. Your DDR audio is included in the IN 1 mix since it comes from the sound board. But DDR is NOT part of the internal mix, so no echoes! There is only one "copy" of the DDR audio in MAIN mix in TC and that is coming IN from external sound board.

Maybe that's not exactly what you need though. Please let us know with as much detail as possible what you need to accomplish and we can revisit then.

Thanks

Jeff

Thank you All. This was very helpful! I typed my post very quickly because I was frustrated. I do have the 410 AE.

Chris

choffman
04-09-2018, 09:06 PM
This is our configuration:
- YAMAHA – Mischpult (MP)
Mikrofone zu ST
19/20 (TC AUX 1) zu Gr. 3/4 und ST
ST geht zu TC IN 1
Gr. 3/4 geht zu TC IN 2
- Tricaster Audiomixer (TC)
IN 1 „Input Settings – Connection“ Input 1 – Line
IN 2 „Input Settings – Connection“ Input 2 - Line
IN 1 + 2 „Routing“ Master: 1-1 / 2-2 / 3-3 / 4-4
Aux 1: 3-3 / 4-4
Aux 2 + 3: 1-1 / 2-2 / 3-3 / 4-4
DDR 1 + 2 “Routing” Master: 3-3 / 4-4
Aux 1 bis 3: 1-1 / 2-2 / 3-3 / 4-4
IN 1 “Processing – Automation” follow Video – alle außer DDR 1 + 2
IN 2 “Processing – Automation” follow Video – nur DDR 1 + 2

This is the Signalrouting:
„TC DDR 1 +2“ – „TC AUX 1“ – „IN MP 19/20“ – „MP Gr. 3/4“ – „TC IN 2“ – „TC Master“ (TC IN 1 ist jetzt deaktiviert)
„andere Quellen“ – „MP IN …“ – „MP Stereo OUT“ – „TC IN 1“ – „TC Master““ (TC IN 2 ist jetzt deaktiviert)

Thank you for these details! Much appreciated!

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks Jeff. This was helpful too, especially when you refer to main and aux. I appreciate your in-depth response. Chris