PDA

View Full Version : Frrezing Items lag, LW 2018.3

Kryslin
04-05-2018, 01:04 AM
Got LW 18.03 on board, plugins loaded, everything works.

I load in a character, complete with Rhiggit2 rig...

And every time I try to manipulate a controller, it comes up "Freezing 1/1922 Items", sits there for a number of seconds (about 30 or so), and then finallly moves the controller .4 degrees.

How do I turn this feature OFF, because its making trying to pose the character impossible.

rustythe1
04-05-2018, 02:44 AM
not done much character stuff, but maybe if you uncheck subdivision on the object properties, that's probably what the freezing is referring to, or just lower the sub level to 0 or something, if its quite high it will take some time and try to do it on each frame

Kryslin
04-06-2018, 12:48 AM
Problem persists, with all mesh objects set to subd level 0 for display, and subd 0 for render.

Completely removing subd solves the problem, and then crashes lightwave when I try to switch from bounding box to something else.

I also noticed that one layer of the mesh which had subd active on it had an anchor entry, while the other did not. would that cause an issue?

rustythe1
04-06-2018, 02:14 AM
shouldn't have thought so, sounds like a bug, i know some others have mentioned some problems with genoma rigs, have you tried 2018.0 .1 and .2 to see if the problem was there throughout, the only other thing i can think of is reordering the deform stack to see if that helps, if you got things like fur / fibre try removing those elements 1 by 1 and see if the problem goes away, you can at least maybe pin down the problem area,

Kryslin
04-06-2018, 09:51 AM
The same scene was loaded into the entire 2018 series, given the same settings, and the problem persists. However, at some point, it did'nt, because I managed to pose the character interactively.

Makes me wonder if something else got updated, and made lightwave behave in an unexpected way...

I've a video driver update going now.

Kryslin
04-06-2018, 10:23 AM
Driver update didn't solve the problem.

However, I noticed I had some LWCAD lines in the model, so I removed them... And interactive updates are back.

So... LWCAD curves / NURBS and LW Animation do not mix... At All.

Jarno
04-06-2018, 09:34 PM
Ah, that'll be because those lines have a LWCAD-defined polygon type on them. Polygon types generate new geometry, which is the "freezing" part. When the mesh deformation is changed, polygon types have to be re-evaluated in case they are dependent on vertex positions (e.g. like metaballs).

---JvdL---

jwiede
04-08-2018, 01:07 PM
Driver update didn't solve the problem.

However, I noticed I had some LWCAD lines in the model, so I removed them... And interactive updates are back.

So... LWCAD curves / NURBS and LW Animation do not mix... At All.

Were there really 1900+ curves/NURBS present in the deformed geometry, or was that the count for the entire scene?

In any case, you should send the scene to Viktor with a description of the problem. If nothing else, perhaps he can put up a dialog when deformation is applied to LWCAD curves/NURBS warning about freezing killing interactivity.

Kryslin
04-08-2018, 03:15 PM
The count was for the entire scene. There were all of three LWCAD objects in the model. As I'm still using LWCAD 5.51, I'm assuming the issue will be taken care of in LWCAD 2018, currently in beta...