PDA

View Full Version : TC 460 quit to a newtek wallpaper in the middle of a recording/streaming session.

CANMAN
04-03-2018, 04:31 PM
Hey all, has anyone else experienced this and maybe come up with a solution\reason.
I really think/hope it was just a glitch but would like to find out if its not.

Like I said before our TC 460 quit to a newtek wallpaper in the middle of a recording/streaming session. It's happened before but not regularly.
Anyone experience anything similar?

To get out of the newtek wallpaper I hit Ctrl+Alt+Del and it got me to the log on screen. I clicked on the tricaster account and it logged me back on opened my session and loaded everything correctly. Hopefully no more problems tonight.

We are Using a Tricaster TCD460 Build Number 5-1-171027c to record and stream out live shows.
We are using 3 sdi inputs for 720 video and one NDI source to capture a computer screen.
Audio is being captured and sent using the analog connections.
We are recording 1 archival file and streaming the live feed.
We are using 2 lower thirds on two separate gfx channels, no fx or wipes just dsk on both.
We are also looping a short video clip on DDR1 as a background that is displayed on a monitor.

Thanks again for any information

CANMAN
04-04-2018, 01:13 PM
Update, I ended up with a broken mp4.

kanep
04-04-2018, 01:15 PM
I'd contact support.

http://new.tk/support

Lee-AVP
04-04-2018, 02:22 PM
Update, I ended up with a broken mp4.

DDR is best tool for fixing this. Sometimes simply adding to the DDR fixes it; sometimes importing fixes it; sometimes you have to do an EXPORT to fix it, and in extreme cases, you may have to play back the clip on the DDR while re-recording it.

No idea why there is so much variation in fixing a truncated MP4, but we've never not been able to rescue one!

JPulera
04-04-2018, 03:13 PM
I have a TC Mini with built-in LCD, and for instance if I boot without external display connected, UI shows up on internal LCD then if I connect DVI display after the fact, I get the "wallpaper" on it. So what I'm saying is - is the TriCaster interface software actually crashing out, or could this be a display-card issue of some sort? TriCaster stops seeing the main display, then reconnects again, something weird like that?

Try different monitor/cables/update display drivers?

Thanks

Jeff

Stream
04-05-2018, 12:51 PM
Yes, I've had occasions on our T40 where on screen went dark and the other went to the wallpaper.
The show was still streaming. If I unplugged the monitor cables and then plugging them in one at a time, things get sorted out.
Next time try that.

JPulera
04-05-2018, 01:04 PM
This has me curious now - not even sure if such a thing would be available in Windows version used on TriCaster, but - any possibility that Windows (on TC) is going to sleep or logging user out that is causing this?

For instance, the other day I was demonstrating TC1 remotely to a customer using TeamViewer, and I had been using a couple of NDI sources from my Desktop computer and lost those sources towards the end of the demo. Turns out the office desktop PC had timed out/logged me out and I guess that cut the NDI feeds (or at least network output?), so this stuff does happen.

Thanks

Jeff

CANMAN
04-06-2018, 02:13 PM
Yes, I've had occasions on our T40 where on screen went dark and the other went to the wallpaper.
The show was still streaming. If I unplugged the monitor cables and then plugging them in one at a time, things get sorted out.
Next time try that.

Will keep this in mind next time.

CANMAN
04-06-2018, 02:20 PM
... any possibility that Windows (on TC) is going to sleep or logging user out that is causing this?

Jeff

Jeff that's a good lead as well. I'll double check since IT has been doing some changes over the network as we move from a work group on the network to a domain. They might have inadvertently played around with account permissions/settings. It's been working fine so far. But I want to avoid this situation again. It's for our Live/hotline studio and on average mon-fri we do four to five 25 minute live shows per day.