PDA

View Full Version : Ubuntu Linux + NDI-PTZ1 Camera

Sayit BELET
04-01-2018, 02:19 PM
Hi,

I installed the Linux SDK on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS Server.
Compiled the example C++ applications and the camera connected via ethernet cable (port says NDI-HX) on same network.
Problem is I need to make a PTZ controlling tool for the camera. To do this I read the SDK documents and tried example apps.
_Recv ones "seems" to work but no _Send ones working. There simply no any sources found whatever I tried.
I also tested newer ubuntu desktop, no luck.

Do I missing something? or something wrong in my setup ?

Oh, btw, on Windows everything seems ok, but I need make it work on the Linux.

livepad
04-01-2018, 04:44 PM
Hi,

I installed the Linux SDK on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS Server.
Compiled the example C++ applications and the camera connected via ethernet cable (port says NDI-HX) on same network.
Problem is I need to make a PTZ controlling tool for the camera. To do this I read the SDK documents and tried example apps.
_Recv ones "seems" to work but no _Send ones working. There simply no any sources found whatever I tried.
I also tested newer ubuntu desktop, no luck.

Do I missing something? or something wrong in my setup ?

Oh, btw, on Windows everything seems ok, but I need make it work on the Linux.

You probably have the NDI driver, but not HX
NDI HX is not supported on Linux using the publicly available SDK and drivers.
Some vendors may have special arrangements to support HX on Linux but you wont be able to do it with the basic SDK download.

Sayit BELET
04-02-2018, 03:31 AM
Hi, livepad and thanks for the answer.

Firstly, I made a mistake, actually _Send ones on example C++ apps in the SDK "seems" to work, but no _Recv ones.
I actually tested these _Send apps just now w/o the camera connected and still seems to work.

So, if I understand correctly with the Linux SDK downloaded from NewTek's Download section, I can't use NDI|HX and so my PTZ tool is not possible?
And there are some 3rd party support for HX part that may work?

Some other thing, I know ffmpeg has NDI camera support, does it work?

Thanks.