PDA

View Full Version : Genoma Error

sinelab
04-01-2018, 08:08 AM
Hi , I've opened up the file insect leg in the genoma 2018 content. If I place this into layout and create rig it works great. If I duplicate the leg in modeler so there are 2 and take it into layout I get an error :

Line 573, the named object '[itemName]#Right_LegA_04#'Does not exist.

genoma doesnt work when I do this, any ideas as I would like to connect a few legs together ?

MonroePoteet
04-02-2018, 03:34 PM
There appears to be some problems with Genoma in general in LW2018.0.3, IMO. Trying to load that sample Insect Leg from the LW2018 content and use Genoma=>Create Rig a second time not only results in the same error you present, but adds a LOT of junk to the Objects list:

I don't know the internals of Genoma, but it would appear that it uses some sort of scripting language to set up the hierarchy, and the 2nd Create Rig somehow gets out of synch and loads up the Objects list with the actual commands!

In addition, trying to use Genoma presets in LW2018.0.3 results in a series of at least three errors of the form:

For example, if I load that same Insect Leg model, but instead of Create Rig, I try to apply the preset Genoma=>Rig Parts=>Legs=>insect_leg_02, I get a series of error boxes in the format above with the tags:

LOAD, COPY, SETOBJECT and 2 or more SETLAYER

Definitely worth a bug report, IMO.

mTp