PDA

View Full Version : Foundation3d status..offline?

prometheus
03-30-2018, 02:47 PM
was about to check some models again on foundation3d, but the server isnīt reachable..
Anyone who knows if itīs temporary... or gone for good?

gerry_g
03-30-2018, 03:00 PM
I can see it here, probably temporary problem

Oldcode
03-30-2018, 03:07 PM
I see it too.

prometheus
03-30-2018, 06:18 PM
I see it too.

Works now too..just felt it was odd when I havenīt been visiting it for several months, and it just so happened to be a glitch when returning to visit it ..for just that moment.
Thanks guys for the heads up.

David_CGC
03-30-2018, 09:35 PM
F3D glitches frequently. The server is, depending on your perspective, either underpowered or overloaded (apparently there are quite a few bots continuously probing the site). Just wait a few moments, try again, and always remember to copy whatever you write to clipboard before hitting the post button, just to be safe.

prometheus
03-31-2018, 07:17 AM
F3D glitches frequently. The server is, depending on your perspective, either underpowered or overloaded (apparently there are quite a few bots continuously probing the site). Just wait a few moments, try again, and always remember to copy whatever you write to clipboard before hitting the post button, just to be safe.

Yes..suspected it might be like that, I rarely post there..just using some models mostly for trying various effects and cinematic setups.

synergy543
04-02-2018, 02:38 PM
When I try to register to Foundation3d it says the adminstrator has disabled registration.

Is there no way to register?

prometheus
04-02-2018, 02:57 PM
When I try to register to Foundation3d it says the adminstrator has disabled registration.

Is there no way to register?

I get the same request if i am logged out and tries to register,
as a logged in member though, I posted a question about this issue and if they could fix that issue, so stay tuned.

synergy543
04-02-2018, 03:19 PM
I get the same request if i am logged out and tries to register,
as a logged in member though, I posted a question about this issue and if they could fix that issue, so stay tuned.
Hey, thanks for doing that!

raymondtrace
04-02-2018, 03:39 PM

It has been like that for a long time.

mattc
04-02-2018, 08:37 PM
It has been like that for a long time.

Bob has other priorities these days.

Riveda1972
05-02-2018, 08:17 AM
Bob has other priorities these days.
It seems his priorities go on keeping him busy, as far as I can see this issue is going on by months.
How the hell should a user register, if the registration form is disabled and the site admin neither answers questions sent by his own web form? :(

prometheus
05-02-2018, 11:27 AM
It seems his priorities go on keeping him busy, as far as I can see this issue is going on by months.
How the hell should a user register, if the registration form is disabled and the site admin neither answers questions sent by his own web form? :(

The latest post in the Site & Community News over at foundation3d, is by me dated 2018-04-02...regarding this issue.
Still no answer from anyone.

I made a new reply on that thread ..stressing that people wantīs to register, but canīt.
If I knew what Bob Mcains username or email is` then I would post to him directly.

mattc
05-02-2018, 08:20 PM
The latest post in the Site & Community News over at foundation3d, is by me dated 2018-04-02...regarding this issue.
Still no answer from anyone.

I made a new reply on that thread ..stressing that people wantīs to register, but canīt.
If I knew what Bob Mcains username or email is` then I would post to him directly.

I'm in contact with him periodically. I've let him know about this thread on here. He may or may not respond to it directly.

djlithium
05-02-2018, 09:24 PM
I'm in contact with him periodically. I've let him know about this thread on here. He may or may not respond to it directly.

Please let him know the offer to help is still on the table from us at Liberty3d.com. We can host at no cost to him. No problem.

Riveda1972
01-28-2019, 06:34 PM
Almost a year (another year) has passed but it seems he's still too busy to change a setting on the Vbulletin control panel or at least to answer a question. This is very disappointing.
Ok, ok, sorry for the rant. I know a web domain is a private property, but I have to humbly note that if you keep a community online this is not the way to manage it. Humbly, repeat.

JohnMarchant
01-29-2019, 03:31 AM
F3D has been up and down for several years now. Sometimes i can get on and sometimes not. Its also slowing down quite allot.