PDA

View Full Version : Colorida Motion FX

darkChief
03-30-2018, 11:15 AM
Colorida Motion FX is a fast motion effects tool that every motion artist needs.

Features:

Use cloners to quickly populate your scenes
Add modifiers to create global effects
Animate effectors to mould and sculpt epic motion effects.
Easily integrates with Lightwave 2018 intsances.
Easily animate mesh parts using our stateless particle tech.

Minimum Requirements: Lightwave 2018

www.deepfxworld.com (https://www.deepfxworld.com/colorida-motion-fx.php)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hx1Z6ZVkEeA

artzgo
03-30-2018, 11:57 AM
Thanks !, it looks interesting, I hope you'll be adding more options

calilifestyle
03-30-2018, 12:05 PM
pretty cool

Markc
03-30-2018, 12:45 PM
Assume only windows.

OjN
03-30-2018, 03:24 PM
very interesting mo-graph plugin, looks the new modifier stack is helping...

darkChief
04-02-2018, 05:42 PM
Forgot to mention, there's a one month release discount, the promotion ends May 1st :)

We appreciate all the support we get from the community. So give it a spin, try it out, and if you like what you see please don't hesitate to show your support.

THIBAULT
04-03-2018, 07:44 AM
Hi DarkChief,
Do you think you're going to make LW2015.3 release ?
Thanks

Schwyhart
04-03-2018, 07:53 AM
Good selection of music :)

darkChief
04-03-2018, 10:22 AM
Hi DarkChief,
Do you think you're going to make LW2015.3 release ?
Thanks

That was my initial plan, but the plugin depends (parts) on one 2018 feature. Making it non backwards compatible.

THIBAULT
04-03-2018, 11:13 AM
Too bad ! We're working with Octane and no interest for we working with LW2018 !

darkChief
04-03-2018, 01:41 PM
Don't really want to get involved in render politics. Just creating tools for artists. ;)

2018 is faster at handling geometry, so this plugin automatically benefits, if that makes a difference.

samurai_x
04-03-2018, 08:19 PM
That was my initial plan, but the plugin depends (parts) on one 2018 feature. Making it non backwards compatible.

That's a shame. Lw 2018 probably has less users than lw 2015 at this point.

omichon
04-04-2018, 01:40 AM
For what it worth, most of my projects nowadays use both 2015 and 2018 side by side for their strongest points.
That's quite common that I bake some displacement in 2015 to use in 2018 and vice versa.

UnCommonGrafx
04-04-2018, 04:30 AM
Well said, Omichon.
Many statements LOOK like 2015 is 'obsoleted' by the purchase of 2018. I mean, Octane got some updates, too, for 2018; that path is still a viable one.

All those guys talking about resurrecting their Babylon 5 stuff: you gotta know they still have installs of all the old ones for the resource they are.
Robert

samurai_x
04-04-2018, 06:15 AM
The point is darkchief can have more customers if he had a lw 2015 version.
Lw 2018 doesn't make lw 2015 obsoleted at all I agree. The jump is not that high.

Hail
04-04-2018, 06:26 AM
Nice. This is how it should be done LW3DG!!!
Not shoving nodes down our throats because YOU want a mini Houdini. :(

raymondtrace
04-04-2018, 07:02 AM
Not shoving nodes down our throats because YOU want a mini Houdini. :(

We believe Houdini is the only other app with nodes? Odd.

omichon
04-04-2018, 07:42 AM
The point is darkchief can have more customers if he had a lw 2015 version.

The point could also be that Colorida Motion FX is another good reason to jump in 2018 :)
The never ending half full or half empty glass debate...but I am off topic. Let's go back to the original subject, shall we ?

samurai_x
04-04-2018, 08:06 AM
The point could also be that Colorida Motion FX is another good reason to jump in 2018 :)

That's really more of an incentive. Like for me the incentive was UDIM support in lw 2018 and nothing else.
The other poster did have a legitimate question regarding this plugin. No support for lw 2015 is really too bad considering it might be a year or so before lw 2018 catches up with the number of lw 2015 userbase, if at all. Lost revenue.
Took years for windows 10 to catch up to windows 7.

UnCommonGrafx
04-05-2018, 04:09 AM
On your point of revenue, no doubt.
One wonders if a dpont tool can stand in as the missing tool thus making the tool available. Or, the hard part, making his own.

Truly off point.

Off to order this thing.
Robert

THIBAULT
04-05-2018, 08:59 AM
For what it worth, most of my projects nowadays use both 2015 and 2018 side by side for their strongest points.
That's quite common that I bake some displacement in 2015 to use in 2018 and vice versa.

You're right Olivier ! Just installing LW2018 and is better. Fast UI ! Always with Octane, sure ! :D

darkChief
04-09-2018, 05:11 PM
Introductory video training now available for Colorida.

http://www.deepfxworld.com/colorida-training.php

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqL_CP9gH4A

omichon
04-10-2018, 01:53 AM
Looks great, darkChief. That should convince all those who are allergic to nodes, looking for this kind of motion graphic effects :thumbsup:
You have a pleasant voice for making tutorials, btw.

Hail
04-10-2018, 05:56 AM
We believe Houdini is the only other app with nodes? Odd.

Because you need nodes to do stuff like this in c4d or maya???
And oh yeah it must feel like a brilliant idea to you that they replaced the light falloff slider and a couple of other simple stuff with nodes!
Are you even for real !?!?

raymondtrace
04-10-2018, 07:25 AM
Because you need nodes to do stuff like this in c4d or maya???

You need complex setups to do this, in any software. Nodal workflows are also available in C4D and Maya. If your point is simply that you can do these without nodes in program "X" or with this Colorida plugin, then why whine here?

Hail
04-10-2018, 08:28 AM
You need complex setups to do this, in any software. Nodal workflows are also available in C4D and Maya.

Your ignorance is really telling.
As a c4d user, I can tell you that you are dead wrong.
A cloner object and an effector(time effector ) is all it takes to pull this off which should take less than a minute to set up in c4d.
No need for Xpresso(nodes) or any complex setups for that matter.
In fact, one doesn't need xpresso to do complex stuff most of the time in c4d and I imagine with Mash tools in Maya, things are very much the same there.
Not odd at all.

What I find odd here is that the biggest selling point of lightwave is being fast and easy to use. But instead of maintaining that, the devs are rather now desperately trying hard to force everyone into rocket science by sacrificing simplicity and efficiency for nodes.
Are you saying it's better and more efficient to have the light falloff slider now REPLACED with nodes???

I have invested in lightwave, and it seems to be heading the wrong way. That's why I raise concern.

raymondtrace
04-10-2018, 08:54 AM
Hail, while I appreciate your attempt at respectful human interaction, you seem to be confused about what topic is being discussed in this thread.

You have the access to start a new rant thread about light falloff and/or report a feature request. Find a good modeling app to smooth that chip on your shoulder. :)

04-10-2018, 09:23 AM
Hail,
You seem mad and I, trying to learn about colirida, am confused.

Where and why the heck this rant?

Perhaps a misunderstanding of the language...

Thus far, an interesting tool. Need some time to play with it.
Robert

raymondtrace
04-10-2018, 11:43 AM
Hail is likely upset that I replied to this.

Nice. This is how it should be done LW3DG!!![1]
Not shoving nodes down our throats[2] because YOU want[3] a mini Houdini. :(

While my language may not have been fully understood by Hail, I was essentially pointing out the lunacy of Hail's comment. Neatly dismantling it...

1) This is indeed how it is done by the LW3DG. They create software that allows third parties to build on more features.

2) Software purchases are completely voluntary with no shoving involved. Perhaps Hail found an aggressive LW reseller.

3) Hail provides no evidence toward the motivations or internal discussions of LW3DG.

stiff paper
04-10-2018, 01:03 PM
I walked away from LW after more than twenty years specifically because the developers think that more nodal workflows is the way forward. I know another person who's recently done the same thing after a similar amount of time with LW.

I expect you people think that's a much better outcome for LW's future prospects than having people carry on using LW.

Plainly, the 14 people who still use LW all think nodes are brilliant.

Hail praised the plugin. It was the rest of you that turned it into a gigantic whine about people who don't like nodes.

raymondtrace
04-10-2018, 01:20 PM
Cardboard, I'm not here to announce my love or hate for nodes, nor to debate anyone else's affection/hatred for them. They're just there. Can you explain which 3D apps I should walk toward, like you, which do not make use of nodes?

Hail praised the plugin by criticizing the LW3DG (for offering a new version of LW that allowed the advent of the motionfx plugin). Odd.

04-10-2018, 01:46 PM
I walked away from LW after more than twenty years specifically because the developers think that more nodal workflows is the way forward.

I gotta ask two questions: when you say 'walked away' you don't mean gave it up?
And...
What software COULD you have picked up that not nodally-based?

As a point of fact: the surfacing paradigm from pre-2015 is still available to anyone using 2018. It DIDN't go away. There is more emphasis on nodes, sure, but can even put the pre-2015 layering surface capability inside of nodes.

Have your cake and eat it, too.
Robert

Ztreem
04-10-2018, 02:45 PM
Cardboard, I'm not here to announce my love or hate for nodes, nor to debate anyone else's affection/hatred for them. They're just there. Can you explain which 3D apps I should walk toward, like you, which do not make use of nodes?

Hail praised the plugin by criticizing the LW3DG (for offering a new version of LW that allowed the advent of the motionfx plugin). Odd.

One of the major 3d apps that you don't need to touch nodes in, is c4d as far as I know. Blender is also capable to do a lot without nodes. I also think that is not only nodes or no nodes its how its implemented as well. I love nodes, but I don't think everything should be nodes and I love the nodes in blender but not so much in Lw anymore.

raymondtrace
04-10-2018, 03:26 PM
One of the major 3d apps that you don't need to touch nodes in, is c4d as far as I know.

Right. Lightwave is another app you know that does not require you to touch nodes.

Conversely, you can use nodes in C4D, if you wish.

I believe some are just confused to think that there's only an option between nodes and the new Colorida Motion FX plugin ...because that's what the demonstration video compares. However, with more work, some effects could be replicated with vintage (pre-node) LW techniques (target, goal, effectors, manual keys, etc). One can still go that route if they truly eschew nodes and don't want to take advantage of this nifty plugin built on newer LW technology.

Ztreem
04-10-2018, 04:52 PM
Right. Lightwave is another app you know that does not require you to touch nodes.

Conversely, you can use nodes in C4D, if you wish.

I believe some are just confused to think that there's only an option between nodes and the new Colorida Motion FX plugin ...because that's what the demonstration video compares. However, with more work, some effects could be replicated with vintage (pre-node) LW techniques (target, goal, effectors, manual keys, etc). One can still go that route if they truly eschew nodes and don't want to take advantage of this nifty plugin built on newer LW technology.

I said one of the major 3d apps. :devil: (Just kidding) Yes, you can do a lot in Lw without nodes, but much more with nodes.

But you can't do materials with nodes in c4d or is that changed now in the latest version?

As I said before nodes are good, nodes are powerful but they are not fast for simple tasks... but this is OT for this thread.

darkChief
04-17-2018, 03:51 AM
Just a reminder, 2 more weeks left to take advantage of the release promotion. :)

Bernie2Strokes
11-21-2018, 01:03 AM
Hello. Do you have any more examples of what Colorida can be used for? I come from the old graphic design discipline where letters don't display well in 3D. So moving them around across a space doesn't appeal to me until I'm animating a scene from "The Phantom Tollbooth" or a word puzzle.

darkChief
11-21-2018, 11:44 AM
Colorida is mainly for doing quick, non destructive, intuitive motion graphics. You can animate any object, not just text.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=std6ZLHhfxc