PDA

View Full Version : Error- all plugins are currently locked ?

adk
03-27-2018, 03:46 PM
Hi folks,

LW 2018.0.2 and win10

Seems like my new win 10 system will be the death of me :D
I can install plugins just fine but when I try to remove them via the edit plugins list I get this error.
I vaguely recall having a similar issue eons ago but for the life of me can't recall what the issue was ?
I am an admin of course and have full access to everything I assume so I think it's a permission issue somewhere down the line but have no clue as where to look. Any hints from anyone with a similar issue ?

For now I'm just manually editing the configs - which is a pain.

MonroePoteet
03-29-2018, 04:30 PM
I just ran into this error because I was trying to remove an LScript which was listed in the Utilities=>Master Plugins panel. Apparently, in certain contexts (at least the Master Plugins is one of them), Layout will "lock" the plugin so it can't be removed. Since the Master Plugins are "running in the background", I can understand why they can't be removed until they're removed from the Master Plugins page.

Good luck!

mTp

adk
03-30-2018, 04:29 PM
Cheers for your reply mTp , much appreciated. It was octane in this case (was just updating to the latest version) so yeah I think that something might have stayed in the master Plugins panel while I tried removing it. I'll test it again and see if that was the issue.

jwiede
04-01-2018, 12:51 PM
Still worth filing a bug. Just saying "locked" for all cases implies perms-/file-based cause, sending users in the wrong direction for "in use" cases. At the least, LW should provide error msgs that disambiguate "in use" cases from perms-/file-based issues, and suggest in "in use" cases that user check master plugins panel.

adk
04-02-2018, 06:03 AM
Still worth filing a bug. Just saying "locked" for all cases implies perms-/file-based cause, sending users in the wrong direction for "in use" cases. At the least, LW should provide error msgs that disambiguate "in use" cases from perms-/file-based issues, and suggest in "in use" cases that user check master plugins panel.

Yeah I will file a bug report jwiede as it's not the first time that's happened to me and the error message isn't particularly helpful nor descriptive.

michaeldejong
04-05-2018, 08:50 AM
Hi adk, I am curious if you found a solution to this problem, as I can not remove Octane from LightWave 2015 either.

adk
04-07-2018, 09:58 PM
Hi adk, I am curious if you found a solution to this problem, as I can not remove Octane from LightWave 2015 either.

I just manually removed it from the appropriate config files. Haven't had the chance to try what MonroePoteet mentions above as I'm busy on an Octane project tho you can easily give it a go to see if it works.
Just remove the Octane Render Master Control from Utilities>Master Plugins , then try to remove it using Edit Plugins. I assume that will work, tho you might need to restart Layout after the first step.
I will still bug this (when I get a spare moment) as it's pretty annoying.