PDA

View Full Version : [layout] scale object

Obi
03-26-2018, 08:31 AM
hello,

impossible to put on the same scale two letters in the 'layout', I have to change the parameters; "coord system" but I do not get there.

if you have a idea.

a

Obi
03-26-2018, 10:32 AM
two identical letter.. and numerically

BeeVee
03-27-2018, 02:13 AM
Are they the same object? Are they in the same place?

B

MonroePoteet
03-27-2018, 09:26 AM
Perhaps one of the two letters is parented to another scaled object? The default coordinate system is "Parent", so if one of the letters is parented to another object whose scale isn't (1,1,1), the "local" scale will be multiplied by the parent object's scale.

Just guessing, though.

mTp

Obi
03-27-2018, 01:46 PM
Hello BeeVee

same object, not in the same place, I load it by the 'load' function.
I'm looking for the trick to align objects (load individually) as if they were laying on a surface. I think I will use a surface and use the collision for the lined up it will be easier.

MonroePoteet
03-27-2018, 02:25 PM
To set things on a table or floor, I switch to the Front view in a single pane, use the Y slider to lower / raise the object zoom in using period (.) until I can see a tiny gap between the table / floor and the object. The closer you get, the smaller the motion that the Move (t) will apply, and I "set it" on the table, then zoom out with comma (,) and go back to Camera or Perspective view.

Another way would be to determine in Modeler the Y coordinate of the lowest point in your model by selecting the lowest point in Point selection mode and using the Information panel (i) to copy-n-paste the Y coordinate. Then, either move the entire model so it's resting on the Y=0 plane in Modeler, or transfer the lowest Y coordinate to Layout and move it there.

The collision object will probably work, but may be way more work than just using the Move tools exactingly. Or, perhaps I'm misunderstanding your goal.

mTp

djwaterman
03-27-2018, 03:33 PM
In Modeler, under modify tab, side menu in the Translate tools, choose Align, then select Rest on ground option.

Obi
03-28-2018, 09:59 PM
Yes MonroePoteet , I think it's better

Thank you MonroePoteet, djwaterman

MonroePoteet
03-29-2018, 09:14 AM
By the way, learning the shortcut keys to change the View (if you haven't already!) is very helpful:

1 = Front, 2 = Top, 3 = Back, 4 = Perspective, 5 = Light view, 6 = Camera view, 7 = Schematic view
F4 to increase the number of Viewports and F3 to reduce them
Period (.) and comma (,) to zoom in and out in orthogonal (Top, Front, Side) and Perspective views
ALT+Left-Mouse-Drag (LMD) to rotate, ALT+CTRL+LMD to zoom, ALT+SHIFT+LMD or RMD to move the view

These make focusing on a particular spot in your Scene setup and then "backing out" to a larger view very quick and easy.

Have fun!
mTp