PDA

View Full Version : LW 2018 errors I have experenced..

jutland
03-25-2018, 03:39 PM
Have experienced an issue when using the Knife tool in Modeler (see image 1) This happens on any size model and when its the only model loaded. It appears to be a memory leak issue. Shutting the program down and reloading it, does not resolve the issue.

Saved the model so i could use my copy of LW 11.6 and got the issue in image 2. After further investigation, found that ANY model saved with LW 2018 can no longer be opened in LW11.6.
Is this working as intended? Is so may have to uninstall 2018 to get back to my models I am working on.

BigHache
03-25-2018, 03:50 PM
After further investigation, found that ANY model saved with LW 2018 can no longer be opened in LW11.6.
Is this working as intended? Is so may have to uninstall 2018 to get back to my models I am working on.

There has been an update to the LWO file format in 2018 (LWO3). Models created in LW 2018 will not open in earlier versions. So yes I believe that is working as "intended", because of the updates.

In Modeler you can Export the file to LWO2 (LW2015). I don't recall if that will open in 11.6, but I think it will.

wingzeta
03-25-2018, 04:35 PM
You can load 2018 files into earlier versions of LW with this plugin from LW3DG

https://www.lightwave3d.com/assets/plugins/entry/lwo3-loader/

Ma3rk
03-25-2018, 06:52 PM
Have experienced an issue when using the Knife tool in Modeler (see image 1) This happens on any size model and when its the only model loaded. It appears to be a memory leak issue. Shutting the program down and reloading it, does not resolve the issue.

I'm not saying that this is definitely the issue, but you might experiment with objects that aren't SEVEN layers deep in a folder structure. Just mentioning this as that was the issue with someone having problems on an After Effects forum a few weeks ago. After he cleaned up & simplified the path, his problems went away.

shrox
03-25-2018, 07:22 PM
You can load 2018 files into earlier versions of LW with this plugin from LW3DG

https://www.lightwave3d.com/assets/plugins/entry/lwo3-loader/

Excellent!

jutland
03-25-2018, 09:18 PM
I'm not saying that this is definitely the issue, but you might experiment with objects that aren't SEVEN layers deep in a folder structure. Just mentioning this as that was the issue with someone having problems on an After Effects forum a few weeks ago. After he cleaned up & simplified the path, his problems went away.

Have thought of that issue. Please note that the model in image one is on a single level and is only 46 polys in total. It is the only model loaded at the time of the issue. Do not have After Effects neither.

In order to clear the issue, have to reboot the PC. Then Knife works for a little while until this issue pops up.

gerry_g
03-26-2018, 03:31 AM
why didn't you try a layered obj file as means of export just to test your problem, 2018 knife tool works just fine, don't know why you didn't do it there