PDA

View Full Version : Tally Light Connections

wftiv
12-26-2003, 06:59 AM
I have just purchased my second VT[3] to use in live production and would love to get some information about the tally circuits in the SX-8. I will be using Sony broadcast camera and CCUs that have internal tally circuits. So, I am curious if there is a way to have a contact closure with the SX-8 or if some external relay circuit has to be constructed. It would be nice if there were something that would allow the 8 tallies to trigger either.

Anyone have any good ideas how to accomplish this?

Bill Bozarth
Interactive Video

Jim Capillo
12-26-2003, 08:38 AM
Brett made a couple of interfaces - don't know if he has any more or will custom build one for you.

Check it out: http://vbulletin.newtek.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10682&highlight=tally+lights

wftiv
12-28-2003, 09:09 PM
Thanks for the info. Brett and I have actually made a connection and are coming up with a solution to my problem and possible a solution for Tally Lights in general.

I often wonder how it is possible to do live production without tally lights, but then I have done it for many years myself. I is an added version for the director/TD and really is something that should always just be available. But with the old toaster there was not a good solution....although I did have the little box that plugged into the original toaster/Amiga. Never got it working in time for a live production. But with the VT[3], it seems that with all it capabilities, tally lights should be a part of the the production setup. So, I will work with Brett to make this possible.

Thanks again!

Bill
Interactive Video

Chrysolithos
12-28-2003, 09:44 PM
For some live video programming at a local SF convention I made a set of manualy controlled tally lights. (The switcher was a Panasonic MX-10) We were doing a Talk-show style production and the lights worked fine. Its just too bad the "tallent" had never used tally light before.