PDA

View Full Version : Can't inlcude SDK/NDI Tally Question

MisterFish
03-21-2018, 01:32 PM
Hi all,

I am struggling to get any of the example code to compile in Visual Studio 2017, as it is not allowing me to link any of the SDK dll's to the software. I am relatively new with using SDK's, and am not sure if I am doing something glaringly obviously wrong. Any time I add the reference it tells me it is no good. I did not find documentation telling how this is supposed to work.

Also, one of my goals is to get tally info off of a TC1. I was going to, and plan on still, making a 5v->3.3v conversion that takes the physical output pins and takes them in on something like a Raspberry pi, and then re-converts it on the other end of a network to contact closures, to hook into my truck's tally in's. [We run a show, where the side-show uses our cameras, and our camera operators want tally.]

We have one of the 8-input/output SDI->NDI boxes in my truck, and am wondering if it's easy to see this tally info on the network, and bypass my whole physical-hookup idea.

Thank you for your time, if you choose to help me out

livepad
03-25-2018, 12:29 PM
Hi all,

I am struggling to get any of the example code to compile in Visual Studio 2017, as it is not allowing me to link any of the SDK dll's to the software. I am relatively new with using SDK's, and am not sure if I am doing something glaringly obviously wrong. Any time I add the reference it tells me it is no good. I did not find documentation telling how this is supposed to work.

Also, one of my goals is to get tally info off of a TC1. I was going to, and plan on still, making a 5v->3.3v conversion that takes the physical output pins and takes them in on something like a Raspberry pi, and then re-converts it on the other end of a network to contact closures, to hook into my truck's tally in's. [We run a show, where the side-show uses our cameras, and our camera operators want tally.]

We have one of the 8-input/output SDI->NDI boxes in my truck, and am wondering if it's easy to see this tally info on the network, and bypass my whole physical-hookup idea.

Thank you for your time, if you choose to help me out

If you are able to use Network tally using the TSL_UMD protocol you can use Sienna's new NDI Router to extract Tally from the TC1 and present it via TSL_UMD format (as well as providing a Probel and BMD compatible NDI Router).

Sienna NDI Router Information (http://www.sienna-tv.com/ndi/ndirouter.html)

zenvideo.co.uk
04-02-2018, 09:39 AM
What sort of error messages do you get? I'm no expert either but I've been using the NDI SDKs (in c++) with MS Visual Studio (starting with the 2015 Community Edition) for the last couple of years and don't recall ever having any issues getting the example code to compile.