PDA

View Full Version : multichannel audio/video?

Nithin Pradeep
03-20-2018, 11:55 PM
Does :newtek: NDI out supports multi channel Audio/Video,Also whether it supports Multi track Audio/videos?

kanep
03-21-2018, 05:15 PM
NDI does support multichannel audio. You can have multiple channels of video on a single Ethernet cable if that is what you mean.

Might help to know a bit more what you are trying to do. While NDI supports multiple channels of audio, it is still up to the application to support the number of channels you are trying to work with. For example, TriCaster can support up to 4 channels of audio in an NDI channel, while IP Series can support up to 8 channels of audio per channel.

Nithin Pradeep
03-22-2018, 11:05 PM
NDI does support multichannel audio. You can have multiple channels of video on a single Ethernet cable if that is what you mean.

Might help to know a bit more what you are trying to do. While NDI supports multiple channels of audio, it is still up to the application to support the number of channels you are trying to work with. For example, TriCaster can support up to 4 channels of audio in an NDI channel, while IP Series can support up to 8 channels of audio per channel.

Thank you for your response,Kane.What i have asked is that whether :newtek: NDI supports multi track audio ,(ie. if the stream contains different tracks of audio like English ,German,French ...) how can we recieve such tracks in 5.1 or 7.1 audio source .Since we are using :

NDIlib_recv_capture_v2(ps_input->pv_recv_instance, &ps_input->s_video_frame, &ps_input->s_audio_frame,&ps_input->s_metadata,1200)
for receiving both audio and video .

Can we possibly do that?

Waiting for a response ...:)

kanep
03-23-2018, 06:24 AM
I'm not on the programming side of NDI, but as I'm aware, NDI works with uncompressed audio channels not surround formats. You could send 6 channels, each channel matching a speaker output, but you aren't sending AC3 encoded audio (as an example), I could be wrong, but I believe this is the case.

livepad
03-23-2018, 01:26 PM
Thank you for your response,Kane.What i have asked is that whether :newtek: NDI supports multi track audio ,(ie. if the stream contains different tracks of audio like English ,German,French ...) how can we recieve such tracks in 5.1 or 7.1 audio source .Since we are using :

NDIlib_recv_capture_v2(ps_input->pv_recv_instance, &ps_input->s_video_frame, &ps_input->s_audio_frame,&ps_input->s_metadata,1200)
for receiving both audio and video .

Can we possibly do that?

Waiting for a response ...:)

It sounds like you are looking to compare an NDI Stream with a Transport Stream which can have many different 'programs' in one stream.

NDI is simpler than that and each NDI connection includes 0 or 1 video streams (which can be UYVY or BGRA) and 0 or 1 audio streams (which can have many audio channels). It can also include arbitrary metadata.

But, no, you are not going to be able to select 'French Audio'

If NDI is carrying multiple languages they would be various channels in the one audio stream. You would need to receive the audio stream then strip out the channels you want.