PDA

View Full Version : New Presets

riki
12-25-2003, 11:34 PM
Lux have just added some new presets. I'm mentioning it here becuase it's hidden away on their site and some may not be aware of this resource.

http://www.luxology.net/community/lwpresets.aspx

prospector
12-26-2003, 02:57 AM
yer right !!
I only thought Preset Central had them

How come Newtek don't???

riki
12-26-2003, 03:50 AM
Maybe on the list of things to do. But seriously you can milk the Content Folder for presets.

art
12-26-2003, 08:02 AM
Is there a way to download all presets at once (FTP) or someting of this sort? Saving each preset separately is very time consuming and I would like to get them all :)

I assume that you, riki, is the same riki that is the 2nd (as of today) point leader on the luxology website :)
Thanks for all those presets.

artologist
12-26-2003, 09:36 AM
how do you load a preset?

Kvaalen
12-26-2003, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by art
Is there a way to download all presets at once (FTP) or someting of this sort? Saving each preset separately is very time consuming and I would like to get them all :)

I don't see why you would want to. No offecnce to anyone who uploaded their presets because some are really good, but many (IMO) aren't. It would be horrid to have to go through all of those presets trying to find the good ones.

I'm afraid such anoption doesn't exist. If it did, people would come to their site, download them all, and leave. That isn't what they want.

BTW, NewTek has quite a few presets for download from the winners of the texturing challenge they had. I had them as another directory, but I never used them so I got rid of them.

prospector
12-26-2003, 10:19 AM
how do you load a preset?

In surface editor or light editor or sky editor, just open the preset button
then double click on the surface, light, sky you want.

artologist
12-26-2003, 11:41 AM
thanks

art
12-26-2003, 03:30 PM
Kvaalen

Well, perhaps you are right. I'm just this kind of guy who likes to collect resources and keep them on CDs .. and ultimately probably never use most of them them :)

On the other hand, although I do not doubt in the longevity of the luxology.net and their free services, i'd rather be safe and keep some(or all) of the textures that I like on a cd. :)

And ultimately I'd rather design my own textures, but as I am still learning all aspects of 3d, from modeling through texturing to animating, there is a lot for me to leard from work of others :)

I liked your chipped metal texture (from your website)

riki
12-26-2003, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by art
I assume that you, riki, is the same riki that is the 2nd (as of today) point leader on the luxology website :)

yep same riki. Always coming second :) I've downloaded them all, there was a couple I didn't keep. I like this robocop one, gives my shell a toon like batman feel.

http://www.suture.net/files/cg_challenge/alienware/012.jpg

riki
12-26-2003, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by art
I'm just this kind of guy who likes to collect resources and keep them on CDs .. and ultimately probably never use most of them them :)

Yeah I'm the same I always download everything. Though storing on CDs is a bit annoying. Instead I bought an External Firewire Drive and that way I can keep everything together.

nerdyguy227
12-26-2003, 04:59 PM
Can we use these comercially?

riki
12-26-2003, 05:15 PM
Not too sure, there doesn't seem to be any terms and conditions. If your concerned maybe send an email or alter the preset. Sorry can't gve much better advice.