PDA

View Full Version : F-keys Issue

bcicio
03-18-2018, 01:10 PM
Using LW 11.6.3 on Win64. The LW F-keys worked fine in on my Windows 7 desktop (such as F9=Render Frame), but now on a Windows 10 laptop, the F-keys respond with a Windows command, not a Lightwave command. Can someone tell me where I can reset that so the software controls those keys? Thanks.

Okay.. I guess I have to hold down the Fn key now each time to make the Lightwave F-key commands respond.

MonroePoteet
03-18-2018, 04:54 PM
This is actually a function of the laptop, not LW. Due to the limited real estate on a laptop keyboard, the Fn keys are normally dual-function, and sometimes even triple function.

If you want the Fn keys to behave as the desktop, your laptop might have the ability to revert, but it would probably be done in the BIOS. If you don't have the User Manual for your laptop, do a search and download it, then look around for the ability to set the Fn key functions in the BIOS.

In my own experience, I just got a wireless USB keyboard and mouse, a port replicator, and external monitor and leave the laptop closed while I'm not "on the road". The function keys on the USB keyboard work as expected. Just the wireless USB keyboard and mouse would probably give you back the function-key operations you expect.

mTp

bcicio
03-19-2018, 06:25 AM
Yeah, I had a brain fart. This is the first laptop I've owned and I had forgotten about the Fn hold-down. Thanks for the work-around suggestion, MonroePoteet.