PDA

View Full Version : Deep FX World - What do you know about it?

jaxtone
03-18-2018, 06:15 AM
Seems like paradise when reading about a plugin that can do this kind of stuff inside Lightwave 3D!

Anyone who have tried it yet?

Please share your experience!

http://www.deepfxworld.com/deep-rising-fx.php

jaxtone
03-21-2018, 03:25 AM
Can it be true that no one at this forum heard about Deep FX World?

JohnMarchant
03-21-2018, 05:21 AM
Yes ive tried this and Steve Hurleys LWUP as well, both very capable and DeepFX is coming on leaps and bounds. However its good at what it does but its not Realflow, so if you dont expect Realflow type sims the DeepFX and LWUP are good for basic fluid sims.

ianr
03-21-2018, 09:38 AM
what did what you do with it

It ain't Hot ocean from Houdini.

its for smaller scale stuff

jaxtone
03-30-2018, 09:45 PM
Thank´s for your answer JohnMarchant!

Guess it needs a little twist, tweak and post to look better!

ianr!

I assume that you have used it and may ask... what is the limit size then?

By the way is it anyone of you who know if it work in Lightwave 3D 2018?

JohnMarchant
03-31-2018, 03:18 AM
Sorry Jaxtone, not used it in 2018, but i know Darkchief has an update which i assume is 2018 good. Cant really switch over mid project. Ive only tinkered with 2018 Layout mostly.

There is no actually size limit as such as far as i know, if you want to pour wine into a glass, fill up a bowl with milk or do a small waterfall up close, or water off a pebble, then its good for that. However if you want to flood a city and have it interact with all the buildings and obstacles realistically and such then Realflow is really your only answer.

Darkchief is however fully committed to it and makes regular updates, try the demo and the demo scenes, this will give you an idea of how far you can push it.

jaxtone
03-31-2018, 03:53 AM
Thanks! I will do so when I am ready to make a solution if an update to LW 2018 is good or not for me the "non nodicai man" at the moment!

Sorry Jaxtone, not used it in 2018, but i know Darkchief has an update which i assume is 2018 good. Cant really switch over mid project. Ive only tinkered with 2018 Layout mostly.

There is no actually size limit as such as far as i know, if you want to pour wine into a glass, fill up a bowl with milk or do a small waterfall up close, or water off a pebble, then its good for that. However if you want to flood a city and have it interact with all the buildings and obstacles realistically and such then Realflow is really your only answer.

Darkchief is however fully committed to it and makes regular updates, try the demo and the demo scenes, this will give you an idea of how far you can push it.

JohnMarchant
03-31-2018, 04:17 AM
Thanks! I will do so when I am ready to make a solution if an update to LW 2018 is good or not for me the "non nodicai man" at the moment!

Well Jaxtone, you will need to become more of a nodes person, its the way ahead and believe me from a fellow used to be non nodal guy you will benefit in the long run. Ive just checked and it seems to be fine for 2018.

If you are a none nodal guy and dont want to change then 2018 as far as layout goes is probably not for you, yes it is useable but Layout in 2018 is most definitly more reliant on nodes than 2015, but then again you can achieve so much more with the nodes.

Look at importing VDB's for clouds, fire and such, if you dont have TFD you can use free blender then export the VDB and import into LightWave, that alone for me was worth the upgrade to 2018.

ianr
03-31-2018, 09:25 AM
hi john.
That Mograph tool by Mambo : 'Colorida motion FX' looks sweet

I can't wait to see what Bryphi does with it if he gets his hands on it?

JohnMarchant
03-31-2018, 11:32 AM
hi john.
That Mograph tool by Mambo : 'Colorida motion FX' looks sweet

I can't wait to see what Bryphi does with it if he gets his hands on it?

Oh indeed it does and an area lacking somewhat in LightWave, i want to see some videos of Colorida at work, but i think its a pickup for me.

Is it 2015 and 2018 because Bryan does not have 2018 at the moment i think.

jaxtone
04-01-2018, 02:30 AM
Thanks for some great input John!

I just updated to 2018 and maybe I forgot to mention that I am going directly from 9.6 to 2018 since I never updated to 2015...

Well as I heard I can still run my 9.6 version for critical customer jobs during the time I need to understand the world of nodes!

Thanks again!

Well Jaxtone, you will need to become more of a nodes person, its the way ahead and believe me from a fellow used to be non nodal guy you will benefit in the long run. Ive just checked and it seems to be fine for 2018.

If you are a none nodal guy and dont want to change then 2018 as far as layout goes is probably not for you, yes it is useable but Layout in 2018 is most definitly more reliant on nodes than 2015, but then again you can achieve so much more with the nodes.

Look at importing VDB's for clouds, fire and such, if you dont have TFD you can use free blender then export the VDB and import into LightWave, that alone for me was worth the upgrade to 2018.