PDA

View Full Version : Autoscan and Additional, how to tame them?

Shloime
03-15-2018, 04:06 AM
OK, the question was asked in different threads already, but never clearly answered:

How do I get rid of the "Additional" Tab and the self filling MMB menu?

When I uncheck "Autoscan Plugins", I end up, as many others, with mostly empty menus. How can I make all those missing menu entries permanent without the "Additional" tab?
I even tried to change the CFG files themselves by editing the line "autoscan plugins" from 1 to 0 in all three CFGs (modeler, layout and hub) and even then the menus are suddenly empty after starting LW.

What would be the sense (from a devs view) of having one tab with all available plugins in alphabetical order ("Additional")? And why can't I as user decide if I need that menu tab?

Any ideas? Anyone else annoyed by that behaviour?

Snosrap
03-15-2018, 08:06 AM
I didn't think it still did that in 2018? I have not experienced it.

Shloime
03-15-2018, 11:07 AM
Someone else in another thread suggested it has something to do with rights management in windows... but I experience this behaviour on two different computers (Win7 and Win10, both setup as admin), and also with the configs either in the usual c:users/something path or on a different location with the "-c" modifier.

Still the question: What would be the gain of that behaviour?

Snosrap
03-15-2018, 01:49 PM
It started with 2015 - I just delete them and don't worry about. But like I said I have not seen that issue with 2018.

Shloime
03-16-2018, 12:53 AM
I tested it just yesterday with 2018.0.2 and before that I had 11.6.2 with the same effect, so sadly, the problem seems to be still available. (BTW, I'm using LW since 3.5 on Amiga, so I consider myself somewhat experienced)
Yes, I can delete them in the "edit menu" section, but they keep coming back after each start.

So if you don't see that problem with your install, then it is maybe something between the OS and some settings in LW in my setup. Are you on Win10, too?

Snosrap
03-16-2018, 06:21 AM
I'm still on Win7. But it's weird that you had this effect in version 11 because I never did and can't remember any threads concerning this matter during it's release. Now when 2015 was released the forums blew up about this. :) I just tested it again this morning in 2018.0.2 and no additional tabs were created.