PDA

View Full Version : Morph Direction Problem

stevegraymusic
03-10-2018, 06:28 AM
I know this is probably a very elementary concept but I'm having a hard time figuring out how to use morphs on an object when the object changes direction when animated. For example I have a character with facial morphs that work fine when the character is walking upright but if the character bends over or is lying down or on it's side the morphs do not deform properly. What am I doing wrong? Thanks

ernpchan
03-10-2018, 06:31 AM
I assume this is a rigged character with bones. Are you using 2018? Is your deformation order in the right order?

stevegraymusic
03-10-2018, 06:37 AM
- - - Updated - - -

No...the character is animated with MDD out of XSI (believe it or not). I have deformation order set to last. I'm using 2015.

- - - Updated - - -

I assume this is a rigged character with bones. Are you using 2018? Is your deformation order in the right order?

stevegraymusic
03-10-2018, 06:40 AM
Ummm... I just tried something and it seemed to work. When creating the morphs do you need to make more than one of the same morph if you intend to use the morphs while the character is in various positions? I rotated the base model into the direction that Iwant the morph to work in and renamed it nose.inflate2 (as opposed to the nose.inflate morph used when the character is upright). That seems to work. Is that how it's done?