PDA

View Full Version : Sometimes it's the little things...

Tim Parsons
03-09-2018, 09:04 AM
Sometimes it's the little things really make a big difference. In my case it's the addition of a new mode in the standard translation tools in Modeler. New to LW2018 is when you "right" click with scale, stretch and rotate the tools work in much smaller increments. Very very helpful!! No longer the need to use the numeric panel to get you precisely there or to use the weight map trick to do the same. Really useful in UVing where the only option was the weight map trick. But why not go the next step and put it in the "Move" tool too. :confused:

lertola2
03-09-2018, 12:29 PM
Thanks for pointing that out. I did not know. Was that mentioned in the new features list? New features aren't very useful if no one knows about them.

Tim Parsons
03-09-2018, 12:35 PM
Was that mentioned in the new features list?

Not that I saw. I put in a feature request for the same thing in the move tool. I can't think of any reason why that wouldn't be a good thing too. :)

vncnt
03-09-2018, 01:09 PM
Not in Layout?

Chris S. (Fez)
03-09-2018, 01:14 PM
Not in Layout?

Yeah. I would like this in Layout. A fine-adjustment mode would be faster then adjusting the grid settings etc. in order to be able to make subtle tweaks.

jeric_synergy
03-09-2018, 01:35 PM
Both X10 and X0.1 modes would be good features.

Tim Parsons
03-09-2018, 02:09 PM
Not in Layout?

This is in the Modeler tools - Rotate, Stretch and Size. (t,h,H)

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah. I would like this in Layout. A fine-adjustment mode would be faster then adjusting the grid settings etc. in order to be able to make subtle tweaks.

Yep - that would be nice.

jeric_synergy
03-12-2018, 11:29 PM
This kind of "small thing" really adds up. Conveniences are HUGE.

Is "LEFT SHIFT" still available for use (ie, unmapped)? I'd say using that for 10X would be good, and then implement decent snapping and X0.1 isn't even needed.

Boris Goreta
03-13-2018, 06:40 AM
t is not working with RMB

jwiede
03-13-2018, 11:43 AM
This kind of "small thing" really adds up. Conveniences are HUGE.

Is "LEFT SHIFT" still available for use (ie, unmapped)? I'd say using that for 10X would be good, and then implement decent snapping and X0.1 isn't even needed.

While I tend to agree, I think we're miles from decent snapping support in Layout (esp. across all the relevant tools), so we'll need something as an interim workaround -- and this would help.

jeric_synergy
03-13-2018, 11:41 PM
While I tend to agree, I think we're miles from decent snapping support in Layout (esp. across all the relevant tools), so we'll need something as an interim workaround -- and this would help.

Wow, really?? Is it that hard a problem? Frankly, it seems like one of the EASIER problems, compared to rocket science render-sorcery.

Tim Parsons
03-16-2018, 02:21 PM
Another little (actually not so little) thing is that "Merge Triangles" no longer destroys UVs. :thumbsup:

jbrookes
03-19-2018, 11:55 AM
Don't forget to fill out the LW Modeler survey if you haven't already. :)