PDA

View Full Version : olbas T.V advert:is it lightwave?

cresshead
12-25-2003, 06:19 AM
olbas T.V advert:is it lightwave?....
also who was the studio who did it?

here's a link for thoses who havn't seen it yet.

http://www.olbas.co.uk/olbasontv.html

steve g

Aegis
12-26-2003, 04:59 AM
Yup, that's LightWave - pretty poor LightWave but LightWave all the same...

cresshead
12-28-2003, 06:09 PM
as something to do over the holidays i decided to have a crack at the olbas advert....made my own version...not finished it but having fun trying to copy it...it think the studio that did it used FK for the character animation so i'm doing the same..and that's pretty tough but doable seein as i'm usless at rigging [waiting for lw8 ik boost desparatley!!!]

any way i made the character and copied the hills and applied saslite to the grass...here's my first render of it so far...

Cageman
12-28-2003, 07:41 PM
I kind of liked the commercial, and it seems you are on the spot with your work! :)

Be sure to post the animation when itīs ready!

cresshead
12-28-2003, 08:07 PM
as you can see in the test render the background hills with saslite seem to show thru on the foreground hill so i'm rendering them separatly as a individual image for each hill...then comp them in with combustion or digital fusion+ [when i get round to loading it!...fusion that is!!]

also i'll render out the sun separatly so i can blend it from cloudy day to sunshine...

for the cloud i may use hypervoxels and rain will be particles...
for the fumes of olbas...maybe hypervoxels or combustion's particle system...

it's interesting to try n re create a advert...this one seems quite simple at first but it's hard to get it right..even one that isn't too challenging in modeling/texturing or lighting like this one...

should have most of the first half done tomorrow...

later