PDA

View Full Version : can't install licence.

stylus10
03-06-2018, 03:13 PM
i have followed all the instructions, done everything 25 times. does not take my licence. this is sooooooooooooooooo frustrating. i has found the licence but says it's not valid. what does this imply? thanks.

Marander
03-06-2018, 04:51 PM
i have followed all the instructions, done everything 25 times. does not take my licence. this is sooooooooooooooooo frustrating. i has found the licence but says it's not valid. what does this imply? thanks.

It would help if you describe what you've done so far.

I would say 99% for sure that you have to unset / set the firewall rules in your LW bin folder. That should fix it.

open cmd with right click as admin
cd to the LW bin folder
configure unset
configure set

stylus10
03-07-2018, 05:59 AM
thank you so much for your help. your idea does NOT work unfortunately. as mentioned before i have followed all of the instructions and done everything suggested now 35 times. my license will not load. thanks again for your suggestion, do you have another?

BigHache
03-07-2018, 06:06 AM
This will sound dumb. Delete your license key file, redownload from your account and try again.

stylus10
03-07-2018, 06:23 AM
thank you, i have done that. for some reason the sixth time i un\reinstalled it worked. i have no clue as to what changed between the fifth and sixth installation, but as luck would have it, it worked. thanks everyone for your help, i really appreciate it. i wonder how many days of my life i have lost trying to get various versions of lightwave licences to work? 4, or 5? soooooooooooooooo frustrating.

Marander
03-07-2018, 01:14 PM
Glad it is working now for you. Sorry the firewall unset/set didn't have an immediate effect (maybe it was part of the solution together with a new lic file).

I used to have this issue a couple of times after Win10 upgrades. No license file was accepted, removing config didn't help and both 11.6.x and 2015 didn't work. 2018 had the same issue later on another machine. Also disabling the firewall or adding rules for LW didn't help (and the machine wasn't even online), nor changing / opening the ntfs security - but the unset/set commands as admin in the LW bin folder did the trick.

Cheers

stylus10
03-08-2018, 03:22 PM
thank you so much for your help. and your thorough explanation of your experience as well. i will keep it in mind. d.