PDA

View Full Version : Mirroring iPhone via Lightning to HDMI Adapter

El Guapo
03-06-2018, 07:45 AM
Can someone please help me understand why this doesn't work and what I can do to fix it?

I have a TC1. I am connecting an iPhone X with a Lightning to HDMI adapter going to a BMD HDMI to SDI converter going in to input #4. I don't know why this doesn't work. I can use the same adapter to mirror the iPhone on a projector, but not here.

I do not want to use the AppleTV method that so many have described. It is laggy and does not fit into my workflow.

kanep
03-08-2018, 08:53 PM
When you connect to the projector, does the projector display what resolution it is getting from the iPhone?

El Guapo
03-09-2018, 07:24 AM
When you connect to the projector, does the projector display what resolution it is getting from the iPhone?

No, but going through the menu of the projector, I can see that it's [email protected]

kanep
03-09-2018, 02:55 PM
I would think that should work. The TC1 supports 1080p60 (well its really 59.94 in the video world). Is there any ability to set the video format output from the iPhone?

Are you connecting the iPhone HDMI directly to the projector or thru the BMD converter? I wonder if it could be HDCP?

El Guapo
03-09-2018, 03:15 PM
I would think that should work. The TC1 supports 1080p60 (well its really 59.94 in the video world). Is there any ability to set the video format output from the iPhone?

Are you connecting the iPhone HDMI directly to the projector or thru the BMD converter? I wonder if it could be HDCP?

I am connecting directly (via Apple's Lightning to HDMI adapter) to the projector. Are you saying that the iPhone video out may be HDCP? I don't think it is.

kanep
03-09-2018, 11:04 PM
Here are a few other posts I've found on the subject. Based on what these say, I'm guessing that the converter isn't handling it, which means there is nothing for the TriCaster to receive. One test is to try a different HDMI source (like a video camera) into the BMD converter and see if that works. That would let you know if it is an issue between the iPhone and the BMD converter or not.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7872660
https://panic.com/blog/the-lightning-digital-av-adapter-surprise/