PDA

View Full Version : Transform Gizmo in 2018.0.2 Bug

Schwyhart
03-06-2018, 07:28 AM
I've submitted a bug report already.

The Transform Gizmo doesn't appear to be working 100%. It's hard selecting anything other than polygon centers.
I verified the behavior in 2018.0.1 and it works as expected there. Numeric Panel settings are correct, it just isn't working.

OSX

rustythe1
03-06-2018, 10:03 AM
yep, i saw the same last night, a pain as i always use edges to shift, but now only selecting polys, on windows

Asticles
03-06-2018, 10:20 AM
Thanks for making a bug report.
Best regards.

prometheus
03-06-2018, 10:39 AM
Same here, but I canīt even select anything and keep it to move only what is highlighted.

Schwyhart
03-06-2018, 01:01 PM
It's easy to switch to 2018.0.1 for now.

As a side note, idk how anyone could model without the Transform Gizmo! I'm so glad the devs made this tool.

BigHache
03-06-2018, 01:54 PM
I submitted a report and I got a reply that it was a duplicate, so they are aware of the issue.

We've already had two point updates so we may see another... this month? At least they're squashing. :)

prometheus
03-06-2018, 02:07 PM
It's easy to switch to 2018.0.1 for now.

As a side note, idk how anyone could model without the Transform Gizmo! I'm so glad the devs made this tool.

If you are well versed in using shortcuts..then the transform gizmo may not even be on your desired repertoar, just select poly, edge or what you want and hit "t" for transform move, or s (my shortcut for scale and some others..may in fact be even faster to work such way depending on what you model.

Transform gizmo is nice though, even if itīs not such a big deal..it helps in many cases though..and it is autoaware of either points, edges, polys, but currently broken and I canīt do anything useful with it since it moves the whole segment and not what I selected only, maybe it was fixed in the latest release?

Snosrap
03-06-2018, 06:54 PM
Transform gizmo is nice though,

Prometheus - you go off on Hypervoxels and such and then you give this tool a pass. :):thumbsup:

gerry_g
03-07-2018, 03:55 AM
don't think Prometheus models anything other than hypervoxels and the transform gizmo doesn't work on those, for me it works just fine in 2018.2 on a Mac as long as you can select an edge or vert without the highlight selection kicking in, once it does it is difficult if not impossible to do anything

prometheus
03-08-2018, 02:26 AM
don't think Prometheus models anything other than hypervoxels and the transform gizmo doesn't work on those, for me it works just fine in 2018.2 on a Mac as long as you can select an edge or vert without the highlight selection kicking in, once it does it is difficult if not impossible to do anything

Wrong... I model other stuff,wouldnīt call hypervoxels tweaking as modeling, rarely posted any of my models though.
So transform tool was used on true models, not voxels.