PDA

View Full Version : Loading scenes & objects into 2018

robertn2k
03-02-2018, 06:58 AM
Apologies if this has been covered somewhere else fellow wavers but is this a bug or a "feature" in 2018? If you double click on a scene file or object file LW launches but does not load the scene or the object. You have to load the items again. In previous version of LW double clicking on a scene file or object loaded the application and the element. Just curious as I find it a bit annoying when my students turn in 20+ projects from an assignment that I can't just click on their scene file or object file.

Wort

MonroePoteet
03-02-2018, 09:00 AM
If I set up the appropriate file association to the LW 2018 Layout.exe, this works for me (I'm running Windows 7), but it's not very easy to do because of the bone-headed implementation of the file association utility in Windows. Since I have LW 11.6.3, LW 2015.3 and LW 2018.0.1 all installed on the same computer, and all the executables are called "Layout", the File Association utility doesn't seem to be able to differentiate between them. To do the file association, I had to COPY the 2018 Layout.exe to be Layout_2018.exe, set up the file association (Control Panel=>Programs=>Default Programs=>Associate extention) and then re-drag my license to that new exe.

I think it'd be MUCH easier just to create a shortcut to the LW 2018 Layout on your desktop (or other convenient location), and drag each successive LWS file to it!

mTp