PDA

View Full Version : animation colors inverted LW 2015

rpleak
02-28-2018, 04:21 PM
I'm sorry if this has been covered elsewhere, but I couldn't find this problem here on the forums. I'm running LW 2015.3, and while single frames render perfectly, when I try to render an animation, the colors are reversed(yellow turns blue, etc). I've tried different animation formats, but so far, no change. When my animation is rendering, each rendered frame looks fine, but when I playback the avi, the color reversal problem is there. I only use LW as a hobbyist, so I'm hoping someone more knowledgeable can help me out...

Thanks;

Rob P

UnCommonGrafx
02-28-2018, 04:56 PM
Don't render to an animation file, render to individual files and then compile the video.
It reads like you made an illegal video: illegal size for that format, illegal colors, something.

One is discouraged from rendering to an animation file, directly, for all kinds of reasons.
Robert

jwiede
02-28-2018, 08:29 PM
One is discouraged from rendering to an animation file, directly, for all kinds of reasons.

About the only exception would be for quick anim previews, and even there rendering frame images then reassembling (or playing from frames using RV or equiv) is still usually better / less risky.

rpleak
03-01-2018, 07:35 AM
Thanks Robert. What software do you use for video compiling?

Rob

03-01-2018, 07:46 AM
Ha, in a pinch, LW: Put the image on the background, match the amount of frames to the rendering sequence and 'render' a movie.

hahaha, yes, I know, counter to what has been said. But since this isn't really rendering, less fear of it stopping in the middle and ruining the movie. Very fast, too.

Otherwise, I use what is around: fcp, ae, vegas, fusion (it is free, after all). Depends on the need. Depends on where I am. Vegas and fusion at home; fcp and adobe stuff at work.

The first was said to just get you going: no money/new software needed. If you don't have such software, start another thread on that and watch the replies flow in. ;)
Robert

gar26lw
03-01-2018, 08:46 AM
remember acdsee? well get the older version. the good one 2.4. i think it had an option to slideshow frames and you set the pause to zero. don’t need to turn the renderer frames into a video.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks Robert. What software do you use for video compiling?

Rob

if you have cc suite you could use the encoders there.

rpleak
03-03-2018, 10:15 PM
Thanks for the help! Rendering to frames then converting them into a video file did the trick, and gives me many more options...

Rob

inkpen3d
03-04-2018, 08:26 AM
You can download a free version of Black Magic's Davinci Resolve video editing/colour-correction software (the free version is limited to rendering out at HD resolution and a few other high-end limitations that will probably not impact you in the short term): https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/uk/products/davinciresolve/

And the Goat's Eye View YouTube channel has an excellent set of very comprehensive video tutorials on how to use DaVinci Resolve: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0xNsrzO-7vnWuCKwqgw2ng

Hope that helps.

Regards,
Peter